Battleborn [PS4, XO]

Scott_Arm

Legend
New game from the makers of Borderlands

http://kotaku.com/15-minutes-of-gameplay-from-the-borderlands-creators-ne-1636734231

It combines elements of moba games with a campaign co-op story. You unlock new characters as you play. Each match/mission you rank up your character like you would in a moba, but as you use a character more you unlock new paths on the skill tree so there is some overall progression. There is also a progression system that affects all of your characters. Odd number of players is intentional, because they say it forces more strategic thinking.

I like the art style a lot.

This seems to be turning out good and visuals have the same Borderlands look. Even shooting seems similar. I am getting interested. But i am not a MOBA player and I don't know if I will like levelling up again in each play session !

This seems to be turning out good and visuals have the same Borderlands look. Even shooting seems similar. I am getting interested. But i am not a MOBA player and I don't know if I will like levelling up again in each play session !
I couldn't stand Borderlands -1 and 2- because of the art style. For some reason I couldn't play it despite paying full price for the second game -60€-, back in the day. I played it for 10 minutes and couldn't play it more. The art style was such a huge turn off for me. And from watching the videos, they art of the new title is certainly much better.

Much clearer info in this video. They explain all characters very clearly here and the blend of Diablo-eque+Sci-fi in the environment art looks great, IMO. I sense an unmistakable Ratchet and CLank vibe in the chatter/banter and I really like that ! WTH are you doing INsomniac , it should be you on the forefront of Co=op shooters :mad: !

Last edited:
and this trailer :

makes me wanna throw my money away and dance to their tunes ! Destiny , you are in trouble, I can see one customer leaving you already :p ! I really hope its not too MOBA and has a sense of world and story too ! Please, Gearbox, please !

Not going to even bother with this as there has been a 7 month old issue with Borderlands Handsome Jack collection where you can not find any online games and another major issue where your character can be "typhoid mary", where if you do manage to join a game it locks up your system and crashes the host game too. GEARBOX has seemingly ignored the issue ever since its been reported.

Its gotten to a point where Microsoft is giving full refund to those who asked within the past month and the MS support folks say they cant even play the game with others.

So now its time to stop rewarding bad companies by not supporting their future products.

Last edited:
Not going to even bother with this as there has been a 7 month old issue with Borderlands Handsome Jack collection where you can not find any online games and another major issue where your character can be "typhoid mary", where if you do manage to join a game it locks up your system and crashes the host game too. GEARBOX has seemingly ignored the issue ever since its been reported.

Its gotten to a point where Microsoft is giving full refurns to those who asked within the past month and the MS support folks say they cant even play the game with others.

So now its time to stop rewarding bad companies by not supporting their future products.

Wow. Hadn't heard anything about that.

Threads on their support site have gotten ugly where upset consumers have vented. It must have hit critical mass as they finally seem to be reacting and releasing a supposed fix for it "soon".

No games found issue : http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/no-games-found-in-xbox-one-quick-match-or-match-browser/498326

Lockup Issue : http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t...yer-games-latest-gbx-response-post-122/231667

Even if it does fix the issue tomorrow, it doesnt change the fact that its been nearly 7 months without a fix, and for some it has been happening since launch of the game. I wouldnt preorder any of their games and would wait at least a month after release to see if any similar game breaking issues exist.

Last edited:
Even if it does fix the issue tomorrow, it doesnt change the fact that its been nearly 7 months without a fix, and for some it has been happening since launch of the game. I wouldnt preorder any of their games and would wait at least a month after release to see if any similar game breaking issues exist.
I had the same with Borderlands on PS3. Voice chat was broken, along with other online issues, and Gearbox didn't give a shit. So I never buy Gearbox games until they've been out and proven to be bug free. Actually I don't buy any major games until they've been out and reportedly are lacking serious bugs, because these days any developer can release unplayable wares. Preordering is like making a $5 gamble with a chance to win your money back - you gain nothing and risk crazy frustration and possibly being lumbered with a broken game. If preordering came with a bonus like a cheaper game or extras, it may be worth it, but otherwise it seems a sucker's game to cash in on your consumer's good will, and no devs/pubs can be trusted these days with that good will IMO.

Back