Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [pre E3 2019] *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt any home console will run over 2.7 GHz due to thermals and power efficiency.

Depends on how TSMC 7nm affects efficiency for Zen 2, we don't know much about it other than the 8core chiplet is tiny (70-75 mm^2).

Anyone saw this Reddit leak?

5rlh6veso1q21.jpg

rxgearwso1q21.jpg

DANTE ( XDK )

CPU: Custom AMD Zen 2 8C/16T @ 3.2GHz
GPU: Custom AMD Navi @ 1475MHz
MEMORY: 48GB GDDR6 @ 672GB/s
STORAGE: SSD 4TB NVMe @ 3GB/s

Last edited:

5rlh6veso1q21.jpg

rxgearwso1q21.jpg

DANTE ( XDK )

Let's just say if that's correct I'll it my shorts.o_O

No view on those specs, but I will highlight those would be for the dev box (xdk).
In case it was missed like I did when I first read it.
So things like amount of memory and size of sdd could be lot more in a dev box compared to the console

Last edited:

5rlh6veso1q21.jpg

rxgearwso1q21.jpg

DANTE ( XDK )

So the console would be 24GB GDDR6 at a modest speed. Clearly an NVMe drive with unknown size. Those clocks are fairly high, but consistent with high clocks achieved on Xbox One X. CU count is missing, so that’s a big clue not there.

It’s in the realm of plausible, but clearly a $500 box.

They use the correct code name at least

Last edited:
That’s not that unbelievable for the devkit.

With half the RAM it would imply 24 GB on a 384-bit bus (12 2GB chips @14 Gbps)

I would still only expect around ~56 CUs so this would end up just north of 10 TF.

Compared to X1X, it’s only a 2X jump in ram and likely less then 2X for raw flop count.

The reason I said I don't have a view on the specs is because it's not crazy for a dev box.

Memory is kinda high compared to what I expect, but not crazy like I've seen people expecting 32gb on the console.
As it never gave cu count, can make the raw TF value fit a pretty large range.

Firstly, who's to say the dev machine wouldn't have an HDD as well for test purposes. Secondly, you still run on test hardware. Streaming issues most likely affects pop-in and doesn't break stuff - see replacement of console HDDs with SSDs. And finally, I don't think its beyond the SDKs to have a feature where drive performance is deliberately throttled to match a console. I know we have that for testing poor network connections by simulating inferior net quality.

Wasn't questioning you. Just interested in how it would work that's all. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Just thinking...
The Cernys' timing looked a little strange, as if to anticipate something from a competitor, in particular as if they know that the competition has something better in hands, and wanted to talk now instead than after a bigger ms' reveal.
:runaway:

Just thinking...
The Cernys' timing looked a little strange, as if to anticipate something from a competitor, in particular as if they know that the competition has something better in hands, and wanted to talk now instead than after a bigger ms' reveal.
:runaway:
they don't know what MS has.
But landing this on the same day as Inside Xbox for the All digital and Ultimate Game Pass deal type thing was a pretty big score for them. I'm unsure if that was intentional but it really took the spotlight away at least media wise.

- You can get this shiny new console without stinky blueray at the same price of the more versatile edition!
- You can give us more money in one pratical subscription! But not now...

Just me, but hardly any breaking news revelations. Not even unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back