Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most won't care about TF numbers, the only thing lighting up would be gaming forums.
Who cares about them dirty casuals, I want another 8 Gb of GDDR5 moment.
But do we have any proof that PS5 will not be literally based on an overclocked RTX 2080?
Maybe the RTX 2085.
I'm just glad it's not your stinky 7 TF porridge :D.

Anyway get a load of this, someone from another forum is going cryptic with what seems to be PS5 related.
PSM: 13/02/2.0
Yes, on the surface it's almost spelling out PS meeting at Feb 13th 2020 right, but he said there's more to it. (he didn't bold the 0 specifically and notice the decimal in 2.0)
13 TF, Zen 2, RDNA 2.0?

It's a possibility.
Ok, you surprised me.

3fa.png

So the most likely rumors are 12tf scarlett and 10.24tf (40 CU's, 2.0 ghz) oberlin seems like. You gotta sift rumors, and these clearly have the ring of truth, and have been persistent. As always, not to say they cant eventually be incorrect, but i think that's where we stand.

It's less than 20% different guys not a big deal. Maybe the ps5 will have better ssd tech or whatever too. Whatever happens, I've said it's not gonna be a 50% difference like last time (1.2 xbox vs 1.8 ps4)

No-one here is going to be able to accept that.

That doesn't matter, what matters is it true?

I'm sure there's still time for changes. Redundant CU's could be activated possibly (if there are any in the designs), or clocks fiddled. If these are even 100% accurate.

I'm glad in these times everybody agrees with me about power though. In other threads everybody disagrees. Here, we drop pretenses :LOL:, and admit i was right all along.

It would be (pretending it happens exactly at 10.24/12) PS5 would be 85% TF of Xbox. Or Xbox would be 117% of PS5.

Vs Xbox One/PS4 1.31:1.8, 72%, or 137% the other way.

And dont forget Sony would be counting on structural advantages outside the USA.

That doesn't matter, what matters is it true?

I'm sure there's still time for changes. Redundant CU's could be activated possibly, or clocks fiddled. If these are even 100% accurate.

I'm glad in these times everybody agrees with me about power though. In other threads everybody disagrees. Here, we drop pretenses :LOL:, and admit i was right all along.

Well, untill the truth is known, we can atleast imagine the PS5 will be (much) more powerfull and advanced. Even custom RT solutions aren't out of the question yet.

And ofcourse dreams of a 1000 dollar 2080/2080Ti killer, for both teams.

Well, untill the truth is known, we can atleast imagine the PS5 will be (much) more powerfull and advanced. Even custom RT solutions aren't out of the question yet.

And ofcourse dreams of a 1000 dollar 2080/2080Ti killer, for both teams.

Yep, it is speculation! And we have almost a year to continue in this thread. Those are just what rumours seem most likely to me right now.

At least the PS5 rumor has some consistency, the 12TF Xbox Tom Warren rumor is brand new with no history, CU configuration etc.

Curious to see if they go for an all in 1 device again. I mean, speculatively, the hardware is more powerful than a majority of PCs out there. It could easily be a device that runs W10 applications as well as xbox ones. With the addition of mouse and keyboard; tied in with Office 365 subscriptions with ultimate-- and some current hints that the device could be a speaker/tower like alexa/google hub in terms of form factor. i mean, you're going to have to get to the point where everyone who is on Game Pass upgrades to Game Pass Ultimate so that you can play the PC and Xbox titles. Instead of having to own individually a PC and a Xbox, just give them a single device that can run PC and Xbox titles.

With their OS team continually changing and modifying w10 (We see this with Surface Neo), I mean there might be a chance of a continuum type system for xbox here.

On that point, an xbox isn't more then a prebuilt pc then. I like that idea somehow.

Edit: might actually buy one or two then, if it can run W10 that would be perfect.

Last edited:
Curious to see if they go for an all in 1 device again. I mean, speculatively, the hardware is more powerful than a majority of PCs out there. It could easily be a device that runs W10 applications as well as xbox ones. With the addition of mouse and keyboard; tied in with Office 365 subscriptions with ultimate-- and some current hints that the device could be a speaker/tower like alexa/google hub in terms of form factor. i mean, you're going to have to get to the point where everyone who is on Game Pass upgrades to Game Pass Ultimate so that you can play the PC and Xbox titles. Instead of having to own individually a PC and a Xbox, just give them a single device that can run PC and Xbox titles.

With their OS team continually changing and modifying w10 (We see this with Surface Neo), I mean there might be a chance of a continuum type system for xbox here.
Based on price to performance, size and design, I don't see them doing that to OEM's.

Based on price to performance, size and design, I don't see them doing that to OEM's.
Yea me either. Does seem rather brutally unfair. May actually be against their Contract with AMD since AMD supplies OEMs. They don’t want console hardware eating margins of their PC side.

Is the PCB info reliable? What if the PCB info is just fake news?
It can be, but I have my doubts for few reasons.

1. Date of posting - May was looked by everyone as too soon for dev kit SOC to be in QA, therefore soon to be delivered. Turns out devs got V dev kits from Sony in June/July, and dev kits going from manufacturing lines by the end of May soubd very plausible all of the sudden.

2. Very unorthodox leak, which could be done only by someone in manufacturing.

This leak misses big hitters such as TF, annoucement dates, launch titles etc. which pretty much all fake leaks have.

Instead you get info on what is on PCB + SOC dimensions. On first look, not the most interesting leak,b for those who know what to look for - very interesting.

3. It specifies 256bit bus and 16GB of GDDR6 using Samsung 18Gbips chips (not in full prod yet). Very smart if fake because, while 256 bit bus is relatively narrow, these chips are hell a fast and could deliver more then adequat BW even on that bus.

4. RAM arrangement and speed matches Flute benchmark leak, that was removed after few hours being online. Any other spec of RAM (16Gbps, 14Gbps etc.) would result in overall BW being less then 512GB/s. Flute had 528GB/s, pointing at either overclocked 16Gbps chips or downclocked 18Gbps.

So IMO alot of right things and seemingly "uninteresting" info that says alot. Oh and guy had Reddit Avatar consisting of random PCB switch. He deleted his acc day after...

I mean it would not surprise me if that leak was not true, but it consists of very interesting info later confirmed by Flute benchmark as well as date of V dev kits being sent out.

Is the PCB info reliable? What if the PCB info is just fake news?

Even if we grant the person had real access, how do we know they measured the die size correctly? Personally, I've doubted it all along based on the SSD details which suggested a standard Phiseon controller and DRAM cache and I expect something more custom.

It can be, but I have my doubts for few reasons.

1. Date of posting - May was looked by everyone as too soon for dev kit SOC to be in QA, therefore soon to be delivered. Turns out devs got V dev kits from Sony in June/July, and dev kits going from manufacturing lines by the end of May soubd very plausible all of the sudden.

2. Very unorthodox leak, which could be done only by someone in manufacturing.

This leak misses big hitters such as TF, annoucement dates, launch titles etc. which pretty much all fake leaks have.

Instead you get info on what is on PCB + SOC dimensions. On first look, not the most interesting leak,b for those who know what to look for - very interesting.

3. It specifies 256bit bus and 16GB of GDDR6 using Samsung 18Gbips chips (not in full prod yet). Very smart if fake because, while 256 bit bus is relatively narrow, these chips are hell a fast and could deliver more then adequat BW even on that bus.

4. RAM arrangement and speed matches Flute benchmark leak, that was removed after few hours being online. Any other spec of RAM (16Gbps, 14Gbps etc.) would result in overall BW being less then 512GB/s. Flute had 528GB/s, pointing at either overclocked 16Gbps chips or downclocked 18Gbps.

So IMO alot of right things and seemingly "uninteresting" info that says alot. Oh and guy had Reddit Avatar consisting of random PCB switch. He deleted his acc day after...

I mean it would not surprise me if that leak was not true, but it consists of very interesting info later confirmed by Flute benchmark as well as date of V dev kits being sent out.

Guy was also posting from SEA.

So the most likely rumors are 12tf scarlett and 10.24tf (40 CU's, 2.0 ghz) oberlin seems like. You gotta sift rumors, and these clearly have the ring of truth, and have been persistent. As always, not to say they cant eventually be incorrect, but i think that's where we stand.

It's less than 20% different guys not a big deal. Maybe the ps5 will have better ssd tech or whatever too. Whatever happens, I've said it's not gonna be a 50% difference like last time (1.2 xbox vs 1.8 ps4)
Why because it's in favor of XB2 :LOL::LOL:? I'll be popping champagnes when PS5 eventually turns out to be a 12.9TF monster like Osiris has been hinting lately:devilish:. I'm sure it'll be no big deal to you since it's only less than 20% difference and maybe XB2 would have faster CPU or DX12 novelty etc

I think for me, after seeing how well MS has been running in general with their hardware departments, services and general shift in the company. After X1X, and knowing that they shouldn't have OS issues and the advantages they've had with knowing about ray tracing well in advance. I would be disappointed if MS failed to reach it's goals with the next Xbox.

That's about as much as I will invest emotionally into product supporting. Knowing about how much of XBO was faked during the reveals and the rush to throw something together for launch is a far cry from super detail they put for Scorpio. Any step backwards instead of forward from Scorpio will be a disappointment.

I have no clue what they have been doing with their time.
BC is done.
DXR is done
OS is done
Game Pass is done
Security and licensing is done.
DirectML is done.
Customizations that were never used from XBO are done.
Hovis method can be re-used.
Simulations can be improved on
Devkits redesigned is done.

A step back into the chaos that was XBO.. ayeeeee so sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back