Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes what do all these "Insiders" do with all they false Promises/Rumors next year when the real Specs are fully open? Did they delete their Accounts? They must sink in Shame, they loss their Reputation, they are not believeable anymore.

Alll these Guys like Kleegamefan, Tom Warren , Jason Schreier , Matt, Thurrot, Albert Pernello , Cboat , Jeff Rigby, Misterxmedia promoting nonsense or false Information. They write about things they have no idea about, or work for an agenda and get paid to play each other's balls, like well-paid trolls and disinformation agents.

They move onto the next set of rumors to bask in and the entire forums follow suit while everyone forgets about the false statements of the past.

If i want to play old games then i keep my old Console to play on it. Many old games have no online/dlc Support anymore , it make no sense to play it on a new Console.
That's just your own personal view and approach.

One thing we do know for sure is that there will be BC for both Scarlett and PS5.
And rightly or wrongly it became a bigger and more user sort after requirement as this gen went on, in large part due to the progress of XO BC program.

Yes what do all these "Insiders" do with all they false Promises/Rumors next year when the real Specs are fully open? Did they delete their Accounts? They must sink in Shame, they loss their Reputation, they are not believeable anymore.

Alll these Guys like Kleegamefan, Tom Warren , Jason Schreier , Matt, Thurrot, Albert Pernello , Cboat , Jeff Rigby, Misterxmedia promoting nonsense or false Information. They write about things they have no idea about, or work for an agenda and get paid to play each other's balls, like well-paid trolls and disinformation agents.
Karma, upvotes. Etc.
If you care about your sources just don’t talk about what they know. If you care about the product also don’t talk about it either.

then there is just the business of hype in itself. Just write shit and get things going.

I guess in the end it doesn’t really matter; but the narratives are being written right now even without any substantial proof of anything.

Rumours around Scarlett are trash. That’s sort of the problem everyone is facing. The data points are spreading out not converging.
Yes I agree with you.

It's probably that current xbox rumors are all wrong. For example scarlett may only have 7Tflops, not the rumored double-digit TF.

Yes I agree with you.

It's probably that current xbox rumors are all wrong. For example scarlett may only have 7Tflops, not the rumored double-digit TF.
The realm of realism. Just have a hard time believing in a Zen 2 CPU with 24GB memory and a GPU greater than a 2080TI, custom SSD solution. For the low low price of $399-$499.
All the leaks imo are pointing us towards disappointment.

The realm of realism. Just have a hard time believing in a Zen 2 CPU with 24GB memory and a GPU greater than a 2080TI, custom SSD solution. For the low low price of $399-$499.
All the leaks imo are pointing us towards disappointment.

Zen 2 8 cores 16 threads 3.2 to 3.4 Ghz, 18 or 20 GB of GDDR 6, Navi at more than 10 Tflops with RT, VRS and maybe some customization and a 1 TB SSD at 2 or 4 GB/s. At least it looks a little bit more reasonable.

Zen 2 8 cores 16 threads 3.2 to 3.4 Ghz, 18 or 20 GB of GDDR 6, Navi at more than 10 Tflops with RT, VRS and maybe some customization and a 1 TB SSD at 2 or 4 GB/s. At least it looks a little bit more reasonable.
599/699 seems reasonable.
399/499 seems just way too good.

If you're going to use 5 > 2 to mean that PS5 is greater than XB2. Then considering the rumors floating around XB2 is most likely to be Lockhart. 2.1 would most likely be Anaconda.

I actually read it as PS5 being 5% more powerful...ie you need 2.1 (105% of 2) to equal PS5 power.

What Halo Infinite is cross gen not first party Sony games they will be made for PS5.

Is Halo Infinite going to be the only next gen xbox game, you think, or should i say, hope?
Also, Halo Infinite could scale very well, like many games do nowadays, DOOM and wolfenstein are nice examples, this gen showed that 3rd party games come close, match, and certainly even exceed (RDR2 pc) the best looking AAA PS exclusives. In the graphics/technical department, there's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Is Halo Infinite going to be the only next gen xbox game, you think, or should i say, hope?
Also, Halo Infinite could scale very well, like many games do nowadays, DOOM and wolfenstein are nice examples, this gen showed that 3rd party games come close, match, and certainly even exceed (RDR2 pc) the best looking AAA PS exclusives. In the graphics/technical department, there's nothing to worry about.

There is a rumor coming from Windows Central, it seems first-party Xbox will be cross gen during launch period at least. After exclusives game at PS4 launch looks very good and often better than the old gen 360 games on PC.

I take the bet it will be the same first year, exclusives games will look better than cross-gen games. We will have Ratchet and Clank, Demon Soul's remake, probably the Housemarque first AAA game, maybe a 2021 Horizon Zero Dawn 2 release and we have a rumored Spiderman 2 fall 2021 release. I am pretty sure many of these games particularly the 2021 games will look much better than cross-gen games.

Last edited:
There is a rumor coming from Windows Central, it seems first-party Xbox will be cross gen during launch period at least. After exclusives game at PS4 launch looks very good and often better than the old gen 360 games on PC.

I take the bet it will be the same first year, exclusives games will look better than cross-gen games. We will have Ratchet and Clank, Demon Soul's remake, probably the Housemarque first AAA game, maybe a 2021 Horizon Zero Dawn 2 release and we have a rumored Spiderman 2 fall 2021 release. I am pretty sure many of these games particularly the 2021 games will look much better than cross-gen games.
It should be a better transition than last generation. Just given the nature of how the hardware was an evolution of what is already being used.

I suspect outside of RT techniques, developers are going to max the graphics fairly quickly.

It should be a better transition than last generation. Just given the nature of how the hardware was an evolution of what is already being used.

I suspect outside of RT techniques, developers are going to max the graphics fairly quickly.

I agree but it does not mean games using next-generation consoles as a base will not look like better than games made to run on an Xbox One.

I agree but it does not mean games using next-generation consoles as a base will not look like better than games made to run on an Xbox One.
If we're talking about the transition period in which they develop for both, I guess it might be akin to going from X1 => X1X. I'm not really sure what to expect.

If we're talking about the transition period in which they develop for both, I guess it might be akin to going from X1 => X1X. I'm not really sure what to expect.

Because you think if Games were made only for Xbox One X or even PS4 Pro they will look the same?

Out of a few things midgen are essentially, base console games + better resolution, IQ or framerate and a few effects or rare cases on Xbox One X of better textures. I don't expect games made for next-generation consoles will look like the difference between Xbox One to Xbox One X. If it was the case we don't need a new generation.

Assets will be done for next-generation consoles without any limitation concerning the base console(It means better geometry, all the time better textures). Streaming will be based on SSD, it means great textures everywhere, all pop in linked to the storage streaming will be gone and more. Better CPU and more RAM will help too.

Last edited:
Because you think if Games were made only for Xbox One X or even PS4 Pro they will look the same?
Not on purpose. It just depends on how long a game is in development for. Games are either going to be targeting this generation and incorporating next gen as an increase in feature set. Or it's targeting next gen and going backwards. I guess it really depends on how much time they have with the hardware to make those choices. If we look at say, Fallout it still looks relatively behind the curve graphically. And that's not an insult to their programming team; but the prioritization is their open world content.

So I guess my answer is; I generally expect launch titles to look like current titles moved to ultra level settings with a higher resolution and/or frame rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back