Baldur's Gate III announced!

In other words, they can afford to make bad business decisions like not making DLC for the Game of the Year.

Usually companies that make bad business decisions eventually pay for them. We'll have to see how things go over the years for Larian ...

Everyone's worried about gaming layoffs and yet Larian could have hired some to do DLC for BG3 while working on DOS3, but didn't. Too bad.

In other words, they can afford to make bad business decisions like not making DLC for the Game of the Year.

Usually companies that make bad business decisions eventually pay for them. We'll have to see how things go over the years for Larian ...

Everyone's worried about gaming layoffs and yet Larian could have hired some to do DLC for BG3 while working on DOS3, but didn't. Too bad.
we aren't in the studios' kitchen so to speak, when you are in the kitchen things happen that other people don't know about. Maybe Hasbro didn't behave correctly with them

or they figured, the game doesnt need a dlc and they instead tinker a bit with what there is

i think there is integrity and strength there by not just going ham with seasons and expacs and dlc skin packs or whatever they could have done and made the game worse

maybe its a bad business decision in pure dollars but in class and artistic integrity its good

edit: re cyans point, maybe hasbro pushed for all the enshittification stuff i mentioned and larian said no thanks and walked away

edit: re cyans point, maybe hasbro pushed for all the enshittification stuff i mentioned and larian said no thanks and walked away
Judging from this tweet from Larian Studios boss which I've found a few minutes ago, and some other articles, he has been quite feisty at GDC, it seems they don't want to work on DLC nor expansions, because it's not their style.

"We are a company of big ideas. We are not a company that's made to create DLCs or expansions," Vincke said during his GDC address. "We tried that actually, a few times. It failed every single time. It's not our thing. Life is too short. Our ambitions are very large."

Judging from this tweet from Larian Studios boss which I've found a few minutes ago, and some other articles, he has been quite feisty at GDC, it seems they don't want to work on DLC nor expansions, because it's not their style.

"We are a company of big ideas. We are not a company that's made to create DLCs or expansions," Vincke said during his GDC address. "We tried that actually, a few times. It failed every single time. It's not our thing. Life is too short. Our ambitions are very large."

Seems silly since they could have created a smaller team to make dlc or expansions while funding their new project.

Back