Bad day...

Sabastian

Regular
Something I am loath to admit is causing me to be upset. Today I had to put to sleep our 19 year old cat. http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/1203/Im000081.jpg (you have to copy paste the url into your browser.) I took this picture an hour before we put her to sleep. Something very sad about the whole affair. I am certain it was the right thing to do she was not eating losing lots of weight along with a host of other problems and totally disoriented. But I still feel bad about it. My old lady is very distraught about having to do it. Sad day indeed. :( Poor old Trueman.

I feel for you, happened to me with my 23 year old cat (older than me). He was really old, and one day he just had a seizure which made him lost his sight, and he just went crazy, like he didnt know what he was doing or where he was. Had to put him to sleep poor thing, havent cried that much in years...
You'll be ok.

Yeah but I have a house full of animals. My favorite one http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/1203/Im000043.jpg (Kissy-Bird on my messy head of hair some have a problem though with name a hook bill can give an aweful nasty bite.) will be even more distressing. I am wondering now how great it is to have pets. It is particularly upsetting when they die. I had 2 cats both have died. 4 birds one has died. A dog. A gerbil the children had that died in a horrific manner, just horrible. And a lizard to boot. Bah, I hate the thought of dealing with all their deaths…Its like we shouldn't be making ourselves responsible for their well being… I don't know ..I just hate it when they die. It makes me feel silly for being upset but I just can't seem to handle it that well.

Losing a pet is never easy. I wrote about losing my cat Velvet who was 18 years old at the time here.

I had her cremated. I was going to disperse her ashes over the front lawn where she liked to lay during the summer, but my mom wanted to keep them. She has them in my old room now on the bookshelf my grandmother handed down to us.

We decided to not have the cat cremated. We brought it home though. Right now it is in a box on the back porch. Problem is though we have to wait for spring to bury it. We did the same with Oie.(The one eyed cat.) It might seem kind of odd to do that but ... it just seems the right thing to do. I don't like cremation plus it is more money we don't have. I think we will bury her in the woods behind our house, a favorite hang out for her.

Sabastian,

I feel for you. We did this about 2 months ago to our cat (13yrs old). She was the best cat I ever had. Stayed up with me and sat in my lap while I study for the Grad Exames, great with the kids, never scratched any of our stuff, ect. Whats freaky is our cat looked simular to yours :)

My wife's parents were house watching for a lady with an aged cat.

She left instructions on what to do (God forbid) if the cat were to pass away while she was gone: put it in the freezer.

It did, so they did.

Sabastian,

Sorry to hear that. =(

Dr. Ffreeze

PS. How has your job hunting been going? Last I remember your place of employment shut down.

Back