babcat's favourite showing of E3

babcat

Regular
The quantic dream tech demo won E3. It was the only real time example of near photorealism. No other game or demo came close. If an entire game can be made with that level of realism the uncanny valley may be dead. In my opinion for those who value photorealism, it was the most important part of the show.

When it switched to the set & the lights came on my mind was blown it was actually scary to see something like that on a console.

darksorcerer7.jpg

darksorcerer6.jpg

It was ss realistic as a television show. If that same quality can be msde into a game then the ps4 is a marvel. I wonder how much graphics power that wss taking. For a game yiu woukd need a few more characters of that quality on screen.

It was like watching a movie. I cannot telk the difference between it and real life. This is a clear example of what graphics in non cartoonish games should look like. This should be the standard for all games.

babcat your not serious are you ? It looks good but what happens when you add more characters and a bigger stage in which to play along with having to stream more and more content as you go.

Its nice but Sony has a history of impressive tech demo's that stand a level above what was released in game form.

babcat your not serious are you ? It looks good but what happens when you add more characters and a bigger stage in which to play along with having to stream more and more content as you go.

Its nice but Sony has a history of impressive tech demo's that stand a level above what was released in game form.

I do not know if a game can be this photorealistic. We need to find out how much of a strain this was putting on the system. If it was 90 percent this cannot be made into a game. If it wss 50 percent it could be.

Yea , I'm calling it now , you wont see quality like this outside of cut scenes on either system. Unless your going to have a game with only 4 characters in a box that is 4x4 like the stage these two interacted on.

You remember this ? old man demo

Never saw quality like that in an actual game for the ps2. Its nice to dream and its nice to know that it will be common place the gen after this one starting in the fall.

Heavy Rain & Beyond 2 Souls are above the demos that QD showed for the PS3.

Yea , I'm calling it now , you wont see quality like this outside of cut scenes on either system. Unless your going to have a game with only 4 characters in a box that is 4x4 like the stage these two interacted on.

You remember this ? old man demo

Never saw quality like that in an actual game for the ps2. Its nice to dream and its nice to know that it will be common place the gen after this one starting in the fall.

YSsOy.gif

Lets look at it this way. Heavy Rain looked good, but it did not look truly photorealistic. The ps4, while having a midrange gpu, has ten times the gpu power and sixteen times the ram as the ps3. I think it is possible a game with a limited number of characters could be made. Also, characters in the back ground could be less detailed. I think a good zombie game could be made or a good game about a haunted house.

I thought, visually, it looked great.
The game itself looked shit, Quantic Dream should get out of games and into Movies, it's obvious that they want to.

The game itself looked shit, Quantic Dream should get out of games and into Movies, it's obvious that they want to.

No, we need games that look like movies. Games that look like movies would bring photo realism into gaming. It would make playing a tv show possible. For example, you co u ld watch an episode of a tv show and then play through it.

I think we will look back to this demo as we do with ps3 tech demos. They blow us away now but will look dated in 7-8 years.

The issue is that you cant get too much better than this due to diminishing returns. What you can do is with the ps5 have 50 times the characters.

:LOL:

It's good to have misfits around though. Let them tinker at stuff and see what comes out.

I thought the title said Quantum Break cause to me as a real game demo and not a tech demo it was the most photo-realistic

Back