B3D R600 review?

Is something cooking (albeit at G80-review pace) or is the tech overview we got the end of it?
Yes, something's cooking. I'm waiting on a couple of (possible) details from AMD before I get stuck in to a certain section, but it's all coming along at a reasonable pace.

I'm waiting on a couple of (possible) details from AMD before I get stuck in to a certain section

For some reason....I can't help but picture Mulder meeting up with "the smoking man" in some dark alley around midnight....lol......Sounds like good dirt! :cool:

And I'm dying to finish the testing and write it, but I only have so many hours in the day! It's back to being top of the list again, at least :smile:

On a related note, B3D sure has started a trend of bringing articles late, promising followups in those late articles and then never delivering on those followups....

:cry:

On a related note, B3D sure has started a trend of bringing articles late, promising followups in those late articles and then never delivering on those followups....

:cry:

Agreed. And what ever happened to Mark Thorne coming over to B3D? He's listed on the staff the last time I checked, but I can't recall having seen any articles he's put out... He's the best choice for video card reviews and IQ comparos in particular. I used to love his R3D reviews.

I'll apologise for that (and I wrote to trini to explain things in a bit more depth, but I can't post that here). Most of the delays come from not being able to pin down good chunks of contiguous time to work on things. The article in question has other factors in play, but I'll take the blame. We (I) shouldn't promise what can't be delivered, but we always do so with good faith that we will.

As for Ratchet getting stuck in, it's not been that simple to make that happen, for numerous reasons. Maybe one day we'll explain, but Mark's still staff and still works for B3D behind the scenes.

Anyway, it's still in progress, there are just precious little resources available to make it happen quickly.

Back