[B3D Article] Emergent Technologies Interview: Part Two

Discussion in 'Architecture and Products' started by Arun, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Primary Article Link
    Please comment either here or in the articles forum's comment thread and do feel free to Digg it if you like it! :)

2. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Just thought I'd mention that the thread was initially locked, but I then changed my mind and figured the comments might as well go here too, heh!

Uttar

3. Reverend

Banned

There should be a thumbs up emoticon in this forum.

I found this an informative interview. Thanks.

PS. You guys seem to want to keep quiet or go slow for a while and then there are these successive content pretty quickly. It's like sopme pent-up release or something... Not that I'm complaining of course :)

4. Geo

Geo Mostly Harmless
    Legend

As you no doubt recall, the current Content Managment System (CMS) places some pretty severe restrictions on the ease of formatting and publishing content much longer and more visually rich than the average news post. So little hamsters have been working furiously in the background to ease these restrictions. Alas, the little hamsters have day jobs for the site too, and additionally are integral in the required publishing process of the current CMS as well. So the poor silly bastard hamsters are trying to do three jobs at once right now. . . with the result that some things on the content side are a bit more uneven timing-wise than we'd really like right now, but the crying need to make a major long-term investment in the health and success of the site that a new CMS represents while trying to keep all the other balls in the air, means it's pretty well inevitable that that would be the case.

Hopefully by this spring we'll have settled into a more stable long term pattern.