Axel Impact

maskrider

Henshin !
Veteran
As what I have said in the Siren thread, I am going to write a bit of my impression on the Korean version of the game, may post some video later on.

There is an Anti-Aliasing option with 3 settings, default at Medium AA.

axel-aa.jpg

I have tried Arcade mode only so far.

To me, I am still adjusting myself to the game. But I think the control is a bit sluggish and there are some noticable slow downs here and there in the Red Devil City course.

Here are three pics showing the different AA at the start of Red Devil City

No AA
axel-noaa.jpg

Medium AA
axel-medaa.jpg

Max AA
axel-maxaa.jpg

Will post more later on.

er, hwat are you using to capture these images maskrider? I'm asking cause I can't seem to find any difference between those shots.

the difference is there, just a bit hard to notice. its most noticeable between the first (without AA) and the others, a bit harder between the second and the third...

notAFanB said:
er, hwat are you using to capture these images maskrider? I'm asking cause I can't seem to find any difference between those shots.

The difference is quite noticable to me, more AA, more blur on everything.

The shots are from high quality captured MPEG-2 files at 12Mbps.

I will capture some with DScaler later on.

edit: BTW, the JPEG are at quality 85 in ACDSee 6.

I can see some difference, but not much. The text on the speedometer seems to become progressively blurrier, but if there is any major difference between the pictures, the jpg compression hides it.(or the low capture quality)

The shots are from high quality captured MPEG-2 files at 12Mbps.

ah right, that explains that :)

in any case in motion it should be alot clearer, I'll proobably pick up a copy when my paycheck shows up :devilish:

Mask,

forget the size... do not even use JPEG, compress them in a Browser friendly lossless format like PNG ( they will be big ) if you want to do such comparisons or at least use JPEG Quality 100% if possible.

The tarmac texture is really high res for PS2, could maybe have used a bit more contrast, but still better than anything else on the platform.

The cars look like they're lit from underneath. Anyway, a flicker filter is designed to improve the image on interlaced displays, not to to look good in screenshot.

Blech, from those pictures, I'd think I'd leave AA off. However, if its as good as the super smash bros flicker filter, I'd probably play for a little while without it just to see all the detail, and then turn it on to get rid of a lot of the jaggies.

Hey how about some gameplay impressions please?

fps? what game is it comparable in terms of physics? what's the sense of speed like? any cockpit or hood views? only six cars onscreen at most?

thanks in advance buddy.

btw, what's the word on a US/JPN release?

Definitely need to see it in motion. Judging by still quality, things would seem to look better without AA on at all! Heh...

60 fps movies will be posted later.

I think only 6 cars at most. I think the control is a bit sluggish, the cars are too shiny (like PGR cars to me).

Back