awefull interlacing when playing DVD's

DOGMA1138

Regular
the decoder im using is Cyberlink PowerDVD. the interlancing accures in every player i`ve tried, WMP, VLC, PowerDVD plat. hardware acc is 'activated' or i think it is. the graphic hardware im using is an ATi x800 with Cat6.2 driver set.
any one got any advices on how to get rid of them?

There is an option in the video settings of the cyberlink player for choosing deinterlacing method. Make sure it isn't set to Weave.

In the information tab of the options you can find out if hardware acceleration is being used (there will be a mention of DXVA).

Fruitfrenzy said:
There is an option in the video settings of the cyberlink player for choosing deinterlacing method. Make sure it isn't set to Weave.

In the information tab of the options you can find out if hardware acceleration is being used (there will be a mention of DXVA).
its not in use, how do i enable it?

It was a long time since I bothered with PowerDVD because I got tired of paying yearly for a new version that only offered a cosmetic difference from the last, yet did not fix any of the fundamental problems, such as the volume disparity between dialog and action sequence sound effects for example. I could have suitable volume for one of the two situations, not both at once.

In any case, there's a couple different tabs in the config panel, one of them deals specifically with video. I can't remember if it's actually called "video" or not, but just go through them all and you'll find the right one. ;) There you should have a hardware acceleration checkbox. If it's not there or possibly greyed out it means you have problems with your video drivers.

In any case, if you can't get hardware acceleration just enable powerdvd's software processing. Any CPU of today is strong enough to handle DVD movie playback entirely in software even with one hand tied behind its back and doing a sudoku with the other. ;)

DOGMA1138 said:
its not in use, how do i enable it?

When the video is not running you should be able to enable hardware acceleration in the video tab of the options. Depending on the version of PowerDVD it may then blow up when you try to play (I seem to need a new version of it every time I try it on a new card even though all the cards are in theory exporting the same DXVA interface). If it doesn't blow up then you should have working hardware accelerated playback which on an x800 should give you access to nice deinterlacing.

There are some reasons for why the hardware acceleration may not be available which are often to do with how many displays you are driving and what other apps you have running.

Can you recommend me a dvd player? I have audio problems with powerdvd, and i don't like windvd very much. Is there any other decent dvd player? All I want is good audio.

Back