Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

No fucking PS4 and Xbox One

EDIT: probably like Battlefield 6 some in engine bullshit but at least this is I hope assets of the game. In some part it looks like a videogame.
I will not think too much about cinematic trailer but its nextgen only so kudos for ubi, they have my attention

Massive Entertainment is finally moving on from Tom Clancy. :)

The game looks really nice, I have high hopes it will turn out well.

Wonder which Ubisoft engine it's running on.
interesting ubi-note: all new franchises (non indie sized ones) are built on snowdrop their latest engine; existing franchises stay with upgrading the existing engines. I don't believe, or have heard of them wanting to go through the porting effort that EA did to move all games to frostbyte.

So Division, Starfield, and Avatar are snowdrop.

edit: StarLink, not Star Field. LOL

I do expect beyond good or evil 2 to also be on snowdrop.

SnowDrop is the only Ubisoft engine I truly get astounded at the results compared to their other engines used in AC and Farcry. Glad this is SnowDrop though no idea what kind of game it is but likely it will be a grindfest collectathon which is the only game they make anymore.

i don't know how it'll turn out, especially on consoles, it's written "game footage" and not "in engine" so they imply those will be the actual game graphics.
i'm sceptical, but if they pull this out, for now it impressed me more than HZFW., maybe because of the setting.
Wait and see.

though i could notice some pop in and shadow cascade during the trailer.

Last edited:
If that holds for true gameplay then that's amazing. Also nice to see the PC DNA shining through in that clip with the 21:9 presentation. My monitors ready for this. My PC not so much.

What I've learned throughout the years is that one should never take Ubisoft's E3 trailers for granted.

his_lies_ubisoft0ns0z.jpg

Check out the lighting and shadowing in this shot:
image_avatar_frontiercvkf0.jpg

look at the directional shadows at the feet of the mech, the wheels of the trucks or the pipes on the walls. Salt and pepper artefacts (as blocks) on shadows edges where they meet highlights. IMO, I think this game is using a version of traced global illumination, not sure what type, but these artefacts and aspects make me think real-time traced GI tech.

I do expect beyond good or evil 2 to also be on snowdrop.

I like that you think Beyond Good and Evil 2 will release at some point. I hope it does but this guy's propensity to get bored and mothball projects is legendary. Last year, they were promising Wild - announced in 2014 - was still is coming to PlayStation 4!

Sure it is, Mr Ancel! Sure. :nope:

So, the concurrence is starting to show its muscles ?

The very first part of the trailer looks better than HFW, maybe because this game is full next gen apparently ?

It can't be too fully nextgen since it's releasing on Stadia. Granted, it's 10.7 TF GPU (if using entire gpu), but its still lastgen architecture that lacks many of the RDNA2 goodies. It's using GCN 1.5 according to Google Stadia's specs.

I like that you think Beyond Good and Evil 2 will release at some point. I hope it does but this guy's propensity to get bored and mothball projects is legendary. Last year, they were promising Wild - announced in 2014 - was still is coming to PlayStation 4!

Sure it is, Mr Ancel! Sure. :nope:
Unfortunately you may be right.

The game is was no where close to being anything at all when that first announcement went out. Long way to go still.

It can't be too fully nextgen since it's releasing on Stadia. Granted, it's 10.7 TF GPU (if using entire gpu), but its still lastgen architecture that lacks many of the RDNA2 goodies. It's using GCN 1.5 according to Google Stadia's specs.

Nevermind the fact that game streaming is bloody awful

I'm not sure why people are downplaying this incredible looking trailer just because it is an in-game cinematic showcase. Everyone and their grandmother was going ape shit over Forbidden West's first new trailer and the majority of screenshots/videos of R&C are cinematics.

Back