Aug 5 Sega - SCEA meeting

NeoGaf summary
* possible PS2 emulator, games catalog in PSN Store. Probably means no discbased emulator(?).
* possible DC (dreamcast) emulator
* Sony motion controller launched march/10 in Japan, later spring other regions

This is either a smart viral marketing, epic Sega fail or someone hacked Sega ftp and uploaded a "leaked document".

By golly, Sony and partners are really leading the entire planet where leaks are concerned. There were so many methods and variety of leaking, it's like reality TV.

I don't know man. A lot of the above are just comments. It's certainly entertaining to read about the leaks. Unlike most reality TV shows, these reality leaks involve personalities and locations across the world stage (e.g., Chinese manufacturer, untrusted Philippino retailer, Sony officials, forum people, untrusty ftp site, etc.)

EDIT: Actually, it feels like a global espionage/conspiracy reality TV.

Looks like Yakuza 3 could be a subtitle only PSN game at a discounted price. If Sony do plan to make a section of PSN dedicated to import only games like this i applaud them.

By golly, Sony and partners are really leading the entire planet where leaks are concerned. There were so many methods and variety of leaking, it's like reality TV.

This time, it is a Sega leak since they put up the info on their PR site. So Sony gets a pass...this time. :D

From the context I'd guess Sony was saying there should be 2 PS3 titles for every 1 360 title if Sega wants the best marketing support.

From the context I'd guess Sony was saying there should be 2 PS3 titles for every 1 360 title if Sega wants the best marketing support.

The vast majority of SEGA titles are either multiplatform, or Wii-only, so it can't be that.

Also, why would Sony want 2:1? SEGA would get the best marketing support if the ratio was N:1 with N approaching infinity.

So it must be something else IMHO.

I don't think it has to do with games at all, since it's under a section is about hardware sales.

What does SEGA have to do with hardware sales, and how will Sony provide marketing support to SEGA with regards to hardware sales?

What does SEGA have to do with hardware sales, and how will Sony provide marketing support to SEGA with regards to hardware sales?

I have no idea. I may of course be completely wrong, but we have absolutely no idea what 'indexing' means.

I think the stuff discussed at this meeting were interesting.
It came from Sega's own server, and if it were fake, I don't think Sony's product evaluator would have said the stuff about Alpha Protocol. :p

Looks like Yakuza 3 could be a subtitle only PSN game at a discounted price. If Sony do plan to make a section of PSN dedicated to import only games like this i applaud them.

I don't think it's very likely that Yakuza 3 gets released on on PSN, I've read somewhere that it's 23 GB or something like that.
I would love to get a hold of a english-version of that game, but I wouldn't like to use more than 1/3 of my HDD on it. :p
But good to see that SCEA also have noticed western request for the game.

Back