Attachments?

I just noticed I can't post attachments. I couldn't find in a sticky or FAQ where this was disabled for everyone - did I just overlook it? I need to post a pic... is this one of those forums that is going to make me host it and link to it?

Whoa, I've been a member for 4 1/2 years and still don't have simple priveledges such as posting attachments? At this rate, it would take another year and a half to earn that priveledge.

Admin: I noticed that exceptions can be made. Any chance my length of membership could bump me up a level, or do I really have to go on a super-spamming tirade so that I can get some help on an excel problem?

Bigus Dickus said:
do I really have to go on a super-spamming tirade so that I can get some help on an excel problem?
Apart from a spamming-spree, other feasible options would be personal webspace or a free image hosting service like Imageshack.

Whoa, I've been a member for 4 1/2 years and still don't have simple priveledges such as posting attachments? At this rate, it would take another year and a half to earn that priveledge.

Admin: I noticed that exceptions can be made. Any chance my length of membership could bump me up a level, or do I really have to go on a super-spamming tirade so that I can get some help on an excel problem?

As Zaphod notes, Imageshack seems to the be standard for that kind of thing.

You must not have a lot of need for this, or you'd have noticed a long time ago. ;)

If you get really desperate --tho I can't think why the Imageshack solution wouldn't work-- you can always email it to me and I'll put it on that thread for you, just because I'm a nice guy and all. :cool:

Oh, I suppose I can put it on my webspace (that I'm not really using for anything other than relatively spam free and personal email) and link to it. It's more the realization that after some 1500 days of posting I'm still only a mid-level member, and doomed to stay that way for another 500 days.

You're right, I don't have a need to post attachments often, which is why it is really surprising that a restriction had to be placed for people who were around long before such restrictions were dreamed up.

I have no clue when that came in, frankly. I really don't remember much in the way of attachments around here historically, and my reg date is only two months after yours. I certainly never recall actually using that function myself.

It can't get too much of a workout, as we recently discovered entirely by accident it was turned off for Regulars, and hadn't heard anybody complain.

The discussion internally at the moment, since you brought it to our attention, is whether to turn it off entirely.

The discussion internally at the moment, since you brought it to our attention, is whether to turn it off entirely.

It's very useful for occassional use, and much less hassle than using an external host and faffing with trying to make the links work. Sorts out the thumbnails and everything all nice and simply.

It's pretty limited in terms of the amount (number and size) of files you can upload, so I'd be in favour of keeping it.

Back