Atomic Heart [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

86qk129.png

Is DLSS a band aid for poor optimization and DRM? No, it isn't.

86qk129.png

Is DLSS a band aid for poor optimization and DRM? No, it isn't.
Especially if you don't have Nvidia card.
Does it support anything else like FSR2.x? Not implying that would make statement any better, just curious.

It looks like a game that will make my 4080 cry...
I can't even begin to imagine how this will run on PS4-XBOXone etc...

UE4 engine is very scalable isn't it? So it might run playably. Besides, if it's terribad, I'm sure DF will suitably tear it apart.

The game has a shader compilation step when playing first time.

To clarify, does Atomic Heart support shader compilation before entering the game?

It starts before the game and you can see the progress, but it's up to you to skip this process and go straight to the game and finish the shader compilation later.

Overall seems like a good game but with a few bugs or glitches. Those looking to do 100% achievements on a single play through may want to wait until some patches.

Actually reading through the reviews, it sounds quite good to me. Too many people expect games to be ultra polished these days, when I'm just as happy to have a game trying to be more unique and ambitious. I'm also impressed they generally pulled this game off at the scope they did. I was always skeptical about the claims of them making a properly meaty game with all the ideas they had, all with the AAA presentation values and everything, but it seems they did. Not everything in the game is a home run and there's jank, that's expected, but I'm good with that.

Actually reading through the reviews, it sounds quite good to me. Too many people expect games to be ultra polished these days, when I'm just as happy to have a game trying to be more unique and ambitious. I'm also impressed they generally pulled this game off at the scope they did. I was always skeptical about the claims of them making a properly meaty game with all the ideas they had, all with the AAA presentation values and everything, but it seems they did. Not everything in the game is a home run and there's jank, that's expected, but I'm good with that.

I felt the same after reading some of the reviews. Looks like the core gameplay loop is fun and there are a few little annoying things but it seems to be a solid shooter.

Overall seems like a good game but with a few bugs or glitches. Those looking to do 100% achievements on a single play through may want to wait until some patches.

Cool that it's on Gamepass. I would absolutely fire up my 1 month trial to get access to this amongst some other great games on there. But... I'll certainly wait for the RT patch first. I want to play this game in its full glory.

My 4070ti is still in RMA so I can't test but can someone type the following in to the games console and see if it does anything?

r.RayTracing.ForceAllRayTracingEffects=1

I'm super curious to see how badly this is going to look and run on an Xbox one.

The reality is that the base Xbox one will explode and ps4s fans will run so hard the console flies off into space

It looks and runs great on Xbox One.
One of the best games for that system in several years (in terms of visual fidelity and performance).

This game is super fun for me. Lots of abilities, different mechanics to combine and experiment with. Telekinesis + EMP burst for example. Lots of variety and enemy dismembertment is also very detailed, makes the game very immersive.

Back