ATI Theatre 650?

digitalwanderer said:
Figures, it just figures. :rolleyes:

Thank you for purchasing/acquiring said Theatre-550... Thus forcing them to bring out the next big thing... I had been holding out for their next-gen, and now it seems to be here. :)

The next Theater chip is likely to be compatible with All-In-Wonder boards. Expect some major software changes to occur as well.

I feel stupid saying it, but I'm in love with the latest MMC.

Aside from it's bugginess at times I'm finding it damned good & user friendly with some kewl arsed features. :)

Well I'm not a fan of it forcing time-shifting on you. No need to occupy the hard-drive if you don't need to. It also causes my computer to reset spontaneously while watching TV, and I have no idea why (some sort of power issue maybe?). After going to a previous version of MMC, all was well.

Software changes would be very welcome. Thanks for the news, Dave.

Basically, higher quality encoding capabilities, SECAM support and probably something else that won't at all be useful in a stand alone board, by the looks of things.

Dave Baumann said:
. . .and probably something else that won't at all be useful in a stand alone board, by the looks of things.

But might shut up the "why don't they put the newest theatre chip on AIW" whiners? :smile: Can't think of why else they'd put something on there that isn't all that useful on a stand-alone board. . .

"Catalyst Multimedia Center, ATI's next generation PC multimedia application"

:?:

Basically, higher quality encoding capabilities, SECAM support and probably something else that won't at all be useful in a stand alone board, by the looks of things.

Digital too. ATSC or DVB-T.

Back