ATi Product Guide @ TweakTown--no new info, just new to me

Pete

Moderate Nuisance
Legend
After reading TweakTown's latest Volari numbers, I noticed an absurdly large ad at the top of the page and clicked, expecting a webpage. Instead, I was prompted to download an 11MB ZIP file, which turned out to contain a PDF file. It makes for interesting reading, though the info it contains is nothing B3D frequenters haven't seen before (heck, I think the manual itself may have been linked here before--I remember that 9800XT vs. "Competition" ops per clock figure). I just found this advertising method new and unusual.

I found the spelling/factual errors somewhat unusual for a marketing doc from a company of ATi's size, too. "40 Operations pet Clock," eh? :) I also didn't know the 9600P had a 500MHz core clock. The Chinese (AFAICT) ad at the end also seemed unusual for an English-language guide, but I'm a big fan of that Northbridge cooler. :D

Here's a link to the guide, hosted by TT, interestingly enough. The doc appears to have been edited in Feb, so comparing a 9600XT to a 5600U appears more than a little disingenuous, IMO.

Oh well, it was news to me.

(Good Lord, I'm desperate for real R420/NV40 benchmarks.)

Re: ATi Product Guide @ TweakTown--no new info, just new to

Pete said:
The first ones were real, but weren't for the right card I believe

Uttar said:
Pete said:
The first ones were real, but weren't for the right card I believe
Yes, they were for the "6x2 with VS abuse" NV40 which doesn't exist. Right Uttar? ;)

We whispering about R420 or NV40? B/c both changed specs and changed back, AFAIK (R420: 12->8->12, NV40: 8->16->8 ) As for benchmarks, I don't know of any for R420/NV40, except maybe ATi's and nV's claims of 2-3x performance.

Pete said:
I found the spelling/factual errors somewhat unusual for a marketing doc from a company of ATi's size, too. "40 Operations pet Clock," eh? :) I also didn't know the 9600P had a 500MHz core clock. The Chinese (AFAICT) ad at the end also seemed unusual for an English-language guide, but I'm a big fan of that Northbridge cooler. :D

Aside from that I doubt that ATi would use a picture with an nvidia logo in their papers (see page 10, lower right).

Oh, and excuse me for going back to topic ;)

Back