ATI OpenGL Developper Support

Discussion in 'Rendering Technology and APIs' started by Ozo, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Ozo

Ozo
    Newcomer

How good is ATI OpenGL driver support for developpers? If we have problems with their OpenGL driver (i.e. bugs), where should we go for support (forums, ATI emaisl, etc.)? Do they offer some good debug and developper tools?

All comments are welcome,

Ozo.

2. KimB

Legend

I don't really know, but the first place I'd look is developer.ati.com

Edit:
    In the meantime, you might as well just ask your question here. There are a number of very knowledgeable people that browse this forum.

3. Humus

Humus Crazy coder
    Veteran

You can email developer relations (devrel 'at' ati.com) or to me directly (epersson 'at' ati.com) if you like.

4. Rolf N

Rolf N Recurring Membmare
    Veteran

The devrel address has been pretty responsive im my experience. You usually get an answer after a week or so, and if you found something real the fix will show up two official driver releases later.

I suppose you can get much faster turnaround (replies, beta drivers) if you are of some demonstrable importance in the grander scheme of things.

Every bug report should have a simple and well documented test case, including full source. Using the glut library as a foundation is a good idea because it lets the test case be more focused on GL, and less on OS glue.

5. MipMap

Newcomer

ATI support is OK s far as Windows support is concerned, but if you need any info about Linux you will get quite pissed off at their attitude, based on my experience. I would welcome the opportunity to contact Humus in case of problems (if I hadn't trashed my ATI card and bought an Nvidia one) :)