ATI Mobility M1 Drivers

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by aaronbond, May 12, 2005.

1. aaronbond

Newcomer

Ok, this isn't your normal;

"OMG HELPZ ME PLEAZ I NEED DRVERS."

I just bought an old Dell Latitude CPxJ which has an onboard M1 ATI chip. Well I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere I could get "newer" drivers for it. The one's on Dell's website (like most drivers on there) are very old. I'm talking 1/10/2001.

Things I've tried:

Omega's (maybe an older version works, but d/k where to start?) Current drivers show M6 and up for support

Patje's modded Cat 5.4's

IBM-based drivers for same chip .5779 from late 2002. Didn't work. :(

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks all!

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Didn't DriverHeaven have a tool for modding standard Catalyst drivers to laptop drivers? Mebbe it has an M1 option or something?

(I'm guessing pretty hard here, I know next to nothing about laptops.....damn it. :? )

3. aaronbond

Newcomer

Yeah digi that's the "Patje modded" It's called the DHModTool or something. I tried that last night. Think he uses the same INF as Omega.

Dell's - DriverVer=12/01/2000, 5.00.2195.4045

http://www.geocities.com/ziyadhosein/rprow2k.htm

Newest - 5.13.01.5064

Guess I'll give those a try. Too bad it doesn't have a date to it.

Ohh well's I guess I'm stuck in the stoneage with drivers.

4. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

You can try just forcing them to install thru Driver Update in Device Manager. That works fine for my M9600 though it's a bit scary when you wonder whether it's going to boot up that first time :)

5. mczak

Veteran

M1? That's probably Mach64 based, one of these chips known as 3d decelerators (with the scan-line setup if I'm not mistaken). You won't get any useable 3d out of it, and modified catalysts won't run on it - there's a reason m6 is the lowest supported chip. Maybe you could get other mach64 drivers to run.

6. Ichneumon

Regular

Edit: Hrm, looks like I was wrong... I think you are correct about it being mach64 based.