ATI caught in the (marketing) act again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

_xxx_

Banned
Here: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=212

Back to the technology aspect of it all, we can see that ATI’s claims of bandwidth levels on the NF4 SLI X16 chipset are simply not valid. Our real world testing shown here obviously demonstrates that even with ATI’s cards involved to eliminate chipset/GPU tweaks, the secondary x16 PCIe slot has no noticeable performance deficit compared to the primary x16 PCIe slot.

Even more indicative of invalidity of ATI’s data is the fact that even when we desperately TRIED to make the NF4 X16 secondary GPU slot slower by bogging down the system with almost a full Gigabit of networking data, a maxed out SATA connection and a maxed out USB/Firewire connection, it didn’t work. The secondary GPU slot performed nearly the same as the primary slot with only very small performance differences under 3%.

_xxx_ said:
Let me predict how this is going to handled:
DW will send an email to ATI PR informing them about these outrageous claims from PCPer, ending his email with "please tell me this isn't true".
A logical explanation will be provided by ATI PR, blaming these typo's on third party suppliers and saying it isn't in their genes to lie/cheat/overmarket things.
DW's and other ati fans's lives will turn back to normal and they will have another go at the NV30.

Am I close? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back