ATI 68xx Series Launches

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by B3D News, Oct 22, 2010.

1. B3D News

B3D News Beyond3D News
    Regular

One year has passed since ATI launched its Evergreen lineup. In the meantime, the ATI brand got killed by a beautiful AMD VP of Marketing, great sales were achieved, and the beavers toiled away at tweaking the product mix. The result? Northern Islands says hi!

Read the full news item

2. Squilliam

Squilliam Beyond3d isn't defined yet
    Veteran

Who are you Beyond3D news? Are you the horseman of an upcoming Barts architecture analysis?

3. AlexV

AlexV Heteroscedasticitate
    Moderator Veteran

No.

4. Squilliam

Veteran

Well if wishes were horses.... :-(

Anyway I guess I can be at least pleased to get a Fermi architecture analysis. Any possible word on whats coming next?

5. Aenima

Newcomer

Maybe a Cayman architecture analysis, then?

6. AlexV

Moderator Veteran

That's the plan. Don't expect it at launch day though because there's no way to get the HW.

7. I.S.T.

Veteran

I think it's really, really sad that despite AMD's official presence on this forum, you don't get review cards.

8. Ethatron

Regular Subscriber

It's even sadder we as well don't get the support-technician hand-tuning the shaders on-location. :lol: Just kidding.

How nice would it be having a driver-developer brain-dumping architectural details and experiences. I guess not even the Gallium guys could tell much about the inner workings of it all.

9. AlexV

Moderator Veteran

Whilst I find a number of things sad in the whole "tech" press-IHV interaction sad, the fact we don't usually get sampled (for Cypress for example there was full ATI support) isn't one of them.

Also note that the ATI/NV/Intel/ImgTec/etc. people present here aren't exactly in an official quality, but rather speak for themselves.

10. I.S.T.

Veteran

Given the way Dave defends his company here and explains its actions, you can forgive me for the confusion!

11. AlexV

Moderator Veteran

If possible, let's not turn this into a "falcon punch Dave" thread. I stand by what I said with regards to IHV employees present on these forums, and them speaking for themselves.

12. I.S.T.

Veteran

I... wasn't insulting him or anything. I think it's a good thing he defends AMD and explains what they do.

13. Squilliam

Veteran

I thought Dave Saved everyone... :-( Anyway didn't he set this place up? So how come we're not being set up with a card. :-(