ASUS laptop nowadays use crappy battery?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by orangpelupa, Feb 14, 2020.

1. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Anecdotes
    • Asus ROG GL702ZC battery not strong enough to power the CPU, making it runs sluggisly bad when on battery. Googling around, people said replacing the battery fixed the issue.
    • My mom's ASUS laptop is only 5 months old and the battery already loss 8% of its capacity (hmm gonna ask ASUS how long the battery warranty and how bad it needed before it can get replaced.
    Comparison: my sony vaio tap 11 battery got less than 10% capacity loss in 3 or 4 years but it got bloated in the 4th or 5th year.

capacity checking method: powercfg /batteryreport

2. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

just called ASUS and they said

* 1 yrs battery warranty
    * Must bring KTP (national ID card)
    * Must bring NPWP (national tax card)
    * Must bring receipt

o_O
    I asked why and they said its government regulation without citing any relevant law. But knowing my government that loooooves to make things cumbersome and have long beaurocracy, it make sense.