Astro's Playroom [PS5]

ElgUromWoAE6208

I never owned a PS1, PS2 or PS3 although I did play on all three(nephews PS's) but watching Ryan play Astro's Playroom and get so emotional is something.

Must be awesome going through all the experiences again. I can't wait for play it myself.

I never owned a PS1, PS2 or PS3 although I did play on all three(nephews PS's) but watching Ryan play Astro's Playroom and get so emotional is something.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once you have. I had a PlayStation when I was in my 20s and I gamed rarely and probably had no more than a dozen games for it, then I had a PS2 with a few more games but it was only with PS3 and PS4 that I really began to accumulate massive game libraries. Even then, I found so many little nods to games, characters and hardware, and they're so easy to miss! And there are hundreds, literally hundreds of them.

You'll find Astrobot Lara Croft, Aloy, Nathan Drake and just about every prominent game character or characters from prominent franchises that were in any way significant on PlayStation platforms - and not just games exclusive to PlayStation. I almost worked past the Joel and Ellie Astrobots waiting to ambush the Astrobot clicker. :LOL:

It feels like something that Nintendo should have made for Switch. :yes:

It feels like something that Nintendo should have made for Switch. :yes:
It feels like something Nintendo could have made for the Switch, and something Microsoft should have made for Xbox. This is exactly what any console needs, especially ones as nuanced as PS5 and XSX/S. A mascot driven tech demo that shows off system capabilities though accessible and approachable gameplay mechanics. Had MS made a small, tech driven offering like this. Say, Blinx The Time Sweeper Playroom, and shown off some tech, even if it's just a ray tracing demo and rumble triggers, with collectible TeraFLOPs and a wide bus full of GBs. Hell, have Rare throw something together. They have enough IP in their back catalog to get people excited about having an Xbox.

In all seriousness, Astro's Playroom is like Wii Sports. Maybe not quite as timeless, but a perfect example of "Why you need this system", and it's sadly something that Xbox doesn't have. They planned big titles for launch and they all got delayed. They needed something small that's easy to show people the difference.

I almost worked past the Joel and Ellie Astrobots waiting to ambush the Astrobot clicker. :LOL:

I loved the mushrooms on the clicker

Hell, have Rare throw something together. They have enough IP in their back catalog to get people excited about having an Xbox.

It would be cool if they have a tech demo with the Xbox Avatars (the original ones); have the console render every single avatar created at the same time.

Xbox has great IP, especially during the Xbox and 360 days. They should honour it with a game like playroom

I liked rain feeling on pad and monkey level but to be honest don't get wha was fuss about, overhyped little demo tough indeed nice dualsense presentation.

The mini race/levels are great- had loads of fun the other night with my daughter beating my time then me hers etc - the instant loading is great and really helps this feel like an old school fun platformer

I have really enjoyed playing this game. I hope there is more to come with regards to Astro.

Considering that Sony just put the entire Japan Studio under Team Asobi, I think more Astro is exactly what we'll get in the future.

Which is a godsend IMO. The sheer amount of gameplay diversity in the Astro Playroom alone shows how imaginative those guys can be.

Back