Assistance needed. Running multiple instances of same .exe

Kriosym

Newcomer
I need a way to make an application run twice on the same PC, simultaneously.

I am trying to run the same game twice and I cannot get it to work. I've copied the game to two different folders, modified its .ini files appropriately so it knows it is two different installs. I can run it from each folder and get completely different settings so I know it is working, but when I try to run them simultaneously, the second copy (whichever it is at the time) simply will not load. I also tried renaming the exe, and I tried running as a different WinXP user with "run as", and I tried running in compatability mode. I need to make it "run in separate memory space" or something, I remember seeing that option but I cannot find it anywhere. Somehow it knows its already running and will not launch a second time.

Suggestions? Is there a 3rd party app out there that will force programs to do this which don't normally allow it?

PS - this is a giant 3D game, I dont expect great performance, I just need it to run twice.

This obviously depends on the application...

But there are some applications in which the author ensures that multiple instances are never run, period. I have designed such an application in the past. It could be that the author has done something similar as well?

Back