Assassin's Creed Unity features last year's nV rendering features again

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by pharma, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Davros

Legend

Hence why I said "if the tech works as advertised" ;)
    maybe combine them and have independent head and eye tracking

2. Alexko

Veteran Subscriber

On the game's side, it should be fairly simple. What might not work very well is the tracker itself. I'm not quite sure whether the game supports any (compatible?) eye-tracker or just the one they mention, but I'm not terribly optimistic about generic support at this stage.

As for combining the two, I don't see what the point would be. Eye-tracking should be enough to tell you where the user is looking, so head-tracking would be redundant. It's only really useful if you can't track the user's eyes for one reason or another. In any case, it might be time to start thinking about making standards for these things.

3. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

Thanks to the latest NV drivers I'm now maxing every graphical setting on this game aside from AA (FXAA only) at 1080p and a pretty steady 30+ fps. Given how stunning it looks I'd say that aside from the stuttering issues - which only rarely effect me now - this is actually a pretty well optimized game on the PC.