Assassin's Creed: Revelations

suryad

Veteran
Anyone get or play the PC version of this game yet? I am too busy finishing up everything in Brotherhood. I had ordered my Signature Edition copy and got it in the mail last week. I think it is a DX 11 based game is it not?

I have no idea. I picked up Brotherhood during a Steam sale a few months back but the gameplay is so similar to the previous iterations that I just can't stick wtih it. And I've heard Revelations is more of the same.

Anyone get or play the PC version of this game yet? I am too busy finishing up everything in Brotherhood. I had ordered my Signature Edition copy and got it in the mail last week. I think it is a DX 11 based game is it not?

Considering how the PC version looks identical to the console versions (save for performance and resolution of course) I'm pretty sure it's not.

the game according to widescreen gaming forum is hard coded for 16:9

4:3 screenshot but black bars are still present on 16:10 (to a lesser extent)

I've got it, and I'm obsessed with multiplayer, as I was with Brotherhood. Played some SP too, and as John suggested, it is basically more of the same, though I don't consider that a bad thing and I'm enjoying what little new features have been added too. Particularly the Templar assassins that try and sneak and shank you MP style, complete with the whispers that pick up as your pursuer closes in.

Game is a bit glitchy but it is a lot of fun nonetheless. Is it me or is this game appearing to be better looking than Brotherhood. The outfit Ezio wears is a lot more detailed. The city at night is just staggeringly beautiful too. I hate those stupid guards with guns hiding in the foxholes though. Still have not figured out a decent way to take those fuckers out...have to use a bomb or something? Another possibility could be to use the smoke bomb and use that as cover and enter the protected territory. Also I have SSAO enabled but not noticing any difference. I guess it don't work for this game?

Game is a bit glitchy but it is a lot of fun nonetheless. Is it me or is this game appearing to be better looking than Brotherhood. The outfit Ezio wears is a lot more detailed. The city at night is just staggeringly beautiful too. I hate those stupid guards with guns hiding in the foxholes though. Still have not figured out a decent way to take those fuckers out...have to use a bomb or something? Another possibility could be to use the smoke bomb and use that as cover and enter the protected territory. Also I have SSAO enabled but not noticing any difference. I guess it don't work for this game?

Yeah, it's a bit prettier in the artwork, but otherwise the same game as Brotherhood, with ziplines instead of horses. As usual, an incremental update in the game with a continuation of the storyline.

And yes, toss a bomb into the foxholes where the guards are. If you hold the E button, you can aim the bomb before letting it go.

Thanks for the tip! I lost my first ever assassin in a mission and he was almost about to become an assassin too...so sad.

The trick is only to send them on 100 percent missions, even if it means you have to send more than one off on the same mission.

Once you have some high level assassins, you can send them off with some lower level ones so the lower level assassins get large boosts in XP just from being on difficult missions that are normally well out of their depth.

This means you need to recruit as many assassins as you can, and to do that you have to take over districts from the Templars.

The trick is only to send them on 100 percent missions, even if it means you have to send more than one off on the same mission.

Once you have some high level assassins, you can send them off with some lower level ones so the lower level assassins get large boosts in XP just from being on difficult missions that are normally well out of their depth.

This means you need to recruit as many assassins as you can, and to do that you have to take over districts from the Templars.

yeah I have recruited everyone and I have trained 3 master assassins as of right now. Still a bit clueless how to rank up people because my dudes have been at rank 10 forever now.

yeah I have recruited everyone and I have trained 3 master assassins as of right now. Still a bit clueless how to rank up people because my dudes have been at rank 10 forever now.

IIRC, you can't rank up all your assassins. When they get to rank 10, you can nominate up to seven to go on to master assassin training by making them head of the various assassin dens, and then those characters can carry on up to level 15 when they become master assassins. The assassin dens are captured Templar dens, so you have to capture the Templar areas on the map in order to appoint a level 10 assassin as master of a den, who then goes on to become a level 15 master. A master assassin in a den means that you won't get attacked by Templars and go through the tower defence mini-game.

With more assassins, it means you can have some on missions ranking up, and at the same time keep a few for use with assassin signals if you want to.

Just finished playing this and wanted to pass on my congratulations and thanks to Ubisoft for producing such a stunning masterpiece of a game. This was truly one of (and possibly THE) the greatest games I've ever experienced.

Story wise, it probably takes the top spot over other masterpieces like Mafia and Max Payne 2

Graphically this may be the most beautiful game I've ever played (I've never played BF3 or any other DX11 enabled game). Its visually stunning at times regardless.

Gameplay wise it's full of content, at least 30 hours worth and every minute of it up there with the best.

Absolutely incredible game - anyone that hasn't played it yet - or worse hasn't played any game in the AC series needs to do themselves a favour and pick this up.

Yes that's correct, it does start off pretty slow. In fact it took me quite a while to get into it but once I did it was amazing.

Back