Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon [PS4, PS5, XBO, XBSX|S, PC]

Never played these games but I do remember of their existence from the old days - had no idea they were made by From Soft!! This looks really good, but then again it is a CGI trailer.

If it keeps the style from the trailer it should be very interesting. They seem to be riffing off of their souls games not directly but aping the dreary dark crumbling atmosphere and clunky gritty style of it all. Those mechs are far from zone of the enders or gundam flashy

I'm so excited for this. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for a new Armored Core. I hope they don't screw it up. I'm pretty confident they won't as they're one of the few AAA studios that make games the, IMO, "right way." Focus on the gameplay first and foremost, then do what you can with the graphics afterwards. That leads to graphics that many would consider not the best, but it does lead to gameplay that fans believe is the best or among the best in gaming.

Regards,
SB

Here's something that might help people get a grasp of what it's about since like the maker of the video, they may have never played it because it looked janky.

Hint: The author of the video fell in love with the series after he started playing them as research to make this video. He was genuinely surprised at how good the games were.

Regards,
SB

I've never been into mech games much and especially not Armored Core, but I'll admit the gameplay here might actually suit me a bit more. I like that there seems to be some potential sense for exploration, while also having some nice dark atmosphere to the environments and whatnot.

Previews are up today. I've only watched VaatiVidya's breakdown which I've posted below... I'm totally sold. Looks VERY good, seems to apply some Souls and Sekiro's elements while maintaining the core AC formula.

I wish we saw a new ZOE and O.ega Boost. But I like what I see here

I like this guy (have watched his Souls-like series of videos where he tries random souls-like games on Steam). A good explanation of the game and a short interview with the creator of the game at the end.

Incredibly hyped for this game.

Regards,
SB

PC system requirements & Console resolution & framerates

Really want to see how this hold up across each version. Crazy end of year for DF, hopefully won't be one that gets pushed down priority

Last edited:
I hoped for more in the graphics department. I wanted to be wowed just like I was 20ish years ago when MechAssault released on the OG Xbox. Sadly that sense of wonder may never come back.

Back