Armed Assault 2 - yet another fail from Bohemia

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by green.pixel, May 29, 2009.

1. green.pixel

Veteran

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363251

Bug list:

This is just sad. PC gaming is dead in the water.

2. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

A poor game doesn't mean the end of PC gaming, same as a bad TV show doesn't mean the end of TV, or a bad song doesn't mean the end of the music industry. There's always a certain level of crap product in any field.

3. green.pixel

Veteran

I know, and that sentence shouldn't be taken literally. But this is just getting ridiculous, sometimes I feel PC gamers are beta testers. Both OFP and Arma1 were baggy as hell when released. You would expect that they would learn from their mistakes and do some QA, but looks like they didn't.

4. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

You can't just use OFP/ArmA as a gauge. That is completly ridicolous considering their history of releasing buggy games.

Also I think they are exaggerating the problems. As PCgames.de part of PCGH I have to take what they say with a bowl of salt considering their previous flawed questionable benches and articles. They seem to like attention.

However going by good user reviews from German forums I hope they shape it up nicely for the release to the rest of the world as it still is rough but not THAT rough.

BTW are there any other reviews out as crashing down on a game based on one review is really weak and "consol'ish". It's like one reviewer deciding the quality of a game for the world... and the world sucking it up to the last drop. :p

#4 Neb, May 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  5. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

The new OFP looks promising.

At least it's trailers do.

6. Davros

Legend

What Bohemia Interactive's CEO Marek Spanel says about the situation :

We realize that the campaign maybe doesn't stand to your expectations but we hope that all the improvements made for the first patch will already make it much closer to what you hoped it will be initially. I just played German version 1.00 today to try some of the situations you mentioned enjoyed it despite I found a problem here or there. I'm personally not humiliated by my team mates sometimes fighting better than I do, and if something goes wrong or unexpected this game is so complex that often there is a way to find another solution of your current mission. Also, what is quite unusual is that some things happen completely differently every time I try a mission. I think the bugs do not kill the open nature of the game and that sheer scope, amount of content or beautiful country of Chernarus will more than compensate for these issues.

7. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Game ordered!

just hope they fix up the animations with the patched version.

8. _xxx_

Banned

- wrong thread, sorry -

9. Davros

Legend