ARM A15 = 64Bits?

iwod

Newcomer
I have no idea where did that came from. From my knowledge A15 is still a 32Bit but fully Out of Order ARM Core that is even more powerful then A9 per clock.

But from what i read, the media are increasingly referring A15 as a 64bits Chips, ( and not just one, but MANY media ).

What is going on? Or have they just mixed up with Project Denver which is scheduled at around the same time?

I haven't seen any of these references, but rest assured that it's 32-bit. Maybe they're thinking of the PAE-like virtual memory extensions that allow for > 32-bits of physical address space.

I'm also not aware of any indication that Project Denver will be out around the same time as Cortex-A15. Personally I find this highly unlikely, especially since nVidia is expected to use A15 themselves.

It could be just one sources quoting another without thinking, Nearly all of the Apples' site refer A15 as a 64bit Chips, when the news about Macbook Air being tested on Apple's A5.

Project Denver is a 64bit ARM CPU, Although information was not released when it was annoucned in Jan, at a later date it was quoted directly from Nvidia's CEO during a press release conference.

P.S - Link Here
http://venturebeat.com/2011/03/04/q...his-strategy-for-winning-in-mobile-computing/

Back