Arena Commander from Original Systems out now !

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
For those who don't follow Star Citizen's new mode has been released. Its a dog fighting mode.

All backers with alpha access will be able to play the single player and Vanduul Swarm portions of the DFM, but access to the multiplayer servers will be restricted pending server stability testing. New MP testers will be admitted in waves based on time of backing.

Client Dowload: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download (~12gb)

Pilot's Guide https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/dpd639fngtcakr/source/Arena-Commander-Pilots-Guide-V0-8.pdf

To start Arena Commander...1.Launch Star Citizen.
2.Take the Helmet off the pedestal, with the ‘Use’ key (F).
3.Enter your ship.
4.Once inside the ship, with the helmet on, the HUD will display the Arena Commander logo, followed by the ‘Arena Commander Main Menu.
5.Spectrum Match will lead to multiplayer when that becomes available, and Drone Sim leads to the single player options.

Arena Commander Game Modes:•Singleplayer Free Flight
•Vanduul Swarm - Singleplayer vs AI

Rolling out as servers can handle it

•Battle Royale - 8 Player FFA Deathmatch
•Squadron Battle - 4v4 Multiplayer Team Deathmatch
•Capture the Core - 4v4 Multiplayer Team CTF

Available Ships:•Hornet
•300i
•Aurora

IF you want to play and don't already have access the cheapest way to get into it is with the Aurora MR + $40 and then a $5 alpha pass

The 300i is $70 and the Hornet is $130

The Ship Boarding Module and Planetside Module should be coming up next , we don't know which one is next yet.

ShallowUnripeDesertpupfish.gif

epuoqhni.png

Aurora MR
starcitizen2014-06-05wfjsh.png

Origin 300i
14346458165_a5eebf57e2_o.png

14344853082_a5965765f9_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
omg how did I miss this? Firing up my client for update but will be out most of the day. Can't wait to finally fly my ship!

Very pretty. But definitely needs a joystick. It's somewhat doable with mouse and keyboard but I think mouse + joystick will be much better. And definitely Alpha. :)

Regards,
SB

No joystick support ?

yes it supports a joystick but only by .pak files so you have to edit it yourself. They are working on implementing customizing the controls but its not ready yet.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/dpd639fngtcakr/source/Arena-Commander-Pilots-Guide-V0-8.pdf

directions are at the end of this.

THe freelancer video is out

Also there are 3 upgrade packages for it

FreelancerDUR.jpg

Freelancer DUR - trades cargo capacity for bigger fuel tank and enhanced jump drive / sensors

FreelancerMAX.jpg

Max trades weapons and speed for more cargo

FreelancerMIS.jpg

MSI trades cargo capacity for up to 50 missles ! This one is limited and on sale only till the 16th !

WE also hit 45 million ! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13930-Letter-From-The-Chairman-45-Million

And to end this post , the finale of the next great starship finished and the four horse men won.

How to fly - Mouse and Keyboard

How to fight - mouse and keyboard

Second star to the right and straight on till morning !

HugeRipeBighornedsheep.gif

Great stuff. Those are some incredible user made ships. The graphics are out of this world including the jump effect. I assume that commercial was in engine?

Arena Commander is a fantastic start to Star Citizen. The graphics are just incredible, so much detail and it's just gorgeous. I'm definitely going to be needing a new GPU for this one. The flight model is already very nice, though just playing with my 360 controller for now. Won't be getting flightstick until much closer to release.

This is what PC gaming is about!

By the time this is finished there will be some monster new GPUs to chew it up. My 6950 runs is not quite enough for Very High but runs High very well at 1080p.

There is a ton of aliasing in the hangar. Looks like mip map weirdness along with geometry stuff. And the shadows flicker with maybe a depth precision thing. Ive seen that sort of thing a lot in space games with large distances. But yeah this is looking very professional overall. Awesome to have someone with vision behind a space shooter again.

Malo what kind of PC do you have? I have a i7-3770 +GTX670. Would that run well at highest settings 1080p?

Malo what kind of PC do you have? I have a i7-3770 +GTX670. Would that run well at highest settings 1080p?

I'm running it on i7 4770k and R9 290X and in Arena Commander it's fluid 60FPS but in Hangar it can drop to 30-40FPS. Optimization is needed and Mantle path should help as well.
For me the flight model is already very good and it feels right :)
Tricky to master but easy enough to have fun straight away!

BTW damage model is just incredible :D

Back