Apple may launch Intel laptops: analyst

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by Farid, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

Reuters/Yahoo

So, we can forget about the 970MP?

2. zurich

zurich Kendoka
    Veteran

Um, I hate to be the one to do this to you, but that's been seriously old-hat news for about 6 or 7 months (that Apple was going x86/Intel). Moreover, the 970MP is currently shipping in PowerMacs now :)

What is news in that report is that its likely it'll happen in January, as opposed to the vague "1H '06" that Jobs was saying previously.

3. ANova

Veteran

Apple will also be launching a media centered version of the Mac Mini using an Intel processor in January.

4. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

Well, various Mac web sites already reported rumors of a early introduction of Intel based Mac in January for quite some time. Of course, it's different weight when come from Citigroup :)
    Another site even said that the first Intel Mac will be a Mac mini with home media center functionailty.

5. Mortimer

Newcomer

If I were a betting man, I'd say february not january.