Apple keynote 1984, Macintosh presentation movie

He must have been pretty good to get all of those people in for something they didn't know a whole lot about.

"Standard compliant"? That's the biggest :LOL: I heard today... Would be a first time ever for Apple I guess, they're the biggest advocates of proprietary shit this side of Dell.

At least wmv comes with codecs that are FREE that I can use for whatever and wherever the hell I want, not just in Apple's crappy stupid player software that hangs and crashes and doesn't follow windows GUI guidelines the least and can't even be put into fullscreen mode. If I want to use apple shit, I'll buy a mac thankyouverymuch. :p

Don't forget the real alternative, either.

(Though using these alternatives just reinforce the behavior of producing video that requires spyware/intrusive applications to display it)

They've worked well enough for me that I've seen more .mov and .ram than I would have without installing them. (i.e. more than zero).

I won't install quicktime or real, period.

Guden Oden said:
Neither of those two alternatives work very well in my experience, particulary real...
What has been your experience?
Both of those worked with anything I threw at them?

Guden Oden said:
they're the biggest advocates of proprietary shit this side of Dell.
of course, the fact that their proprietary stuff works flawlessly is completely negated by it being proprietary. Of course, one cannot say the same about Dell :p

Apple's crappy stupid player software that hangs and crashes
I have NEVER managed to get Quicktime to hang and/or crash. WMP and Real I have to constantly fight with to make them do just the basics without screwing up.

and doesn't follow windows GUI guidelines the least
that's a personal choice. I think a lot of people really like the look and feel of Quicktime, I know I prefer it over any other media player I've used.

and can't even be put into fullscreen mode.

yeah, that bit really gets on my nerves. of course, you can just resize the window to make it bigger... but you still cant get full-screen. Also, I like how with WMP you can tell it to repeat things infinitely. Quicktime cant do this and I keep having to reach up and hit the space bar to make it play.

Sage said:
Guden Oden said:
they're the biggest advocates of proprietary shit this side of Dell.
of course, the fact that their proprietary stuff works flawlessly is completely negated by it being proprietary. Of course, one cannot say the same about Dell :p

I have NEVER managed to get Quicktime to hang and/or crash. WMP and Real I have to constantly fight with to make them do just the basics without screwing up.

that's a personal choice. I think a lot of people really like the look and feel of Quicktime, I know I prefer it over any other media player I've used.

yeah, that bit really gets on my nerves. of course, you can just resize the window to make it bigger... but you still cant get full-screen. Also, I like how with WMP you can tell it to repeat things infinitely. Quicktime cant do this and I keep having to reach up and hit the space bar to make it play.
Ya I do hate how ya can't resize embedded .movs, and how you can only make movs maximized in QT, but with QT alternative, its just like media player 6.XX, hence it's named media player classic.
WMP 7+ are slow laggy pieces of crap, hate them to death.

I love the idea behind the 1984 Apple spot.

Nevertheless, I find it very ironic in regard of how hard Apple came down on sites which undermined it's information monopol.

"1984 doesn't have to be like 1984. But 2004 will." :?

Sage said:

Agree.

Back