Apex Legends (TitanFall Hero Battle Royal) [XO, XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

50 million players in a month

I love how wisely they crafted the narrative for this game to be successful and keep being successful, great job from the marketing side.
Appearing successfull is mandatory to be successful, many online games have been literally killed by "Game x is a bomb narrative" even if it wasn't exactly true.

I love how wisely they crafted the narrative for this game to be successful and keep being successful, great job from the marketing side.
Appearing successfull is mandatory to be successful, many online games have been literally killed by "Game x is a bomb narrative" even if it wasn't exactly true.
What does the 50 million truly represent?

50 million people tried something free. To get that many so quickly, there must have been a lot of word-of-mouth recommendation - the game didn't get any lead promotion ahead of release, and is connected only with a smallish fanbase from an existing game (Titanfall. 4 million?).

The Warriors Collection Event will bring next-gen versions of Apex Legends to PS5 and XSX!

PlayStation players: check out the info below to learn how to update your game.

Xbox players: no action is needed. Apex will update via Smart Delivery.

For Xbox Series X|S Owners:
Apex Legeands uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles. The best version of the game is automatically delivered to your console regardless of generation - no extra steps are required from you.

For PS5 Owners Who have Apex Legends Installed:
  1. Navigate to the game hub for Apex Legelands on the PS5 Dashboard
  2. Press the "Options" button next to "Play Game"
  3. Press "Select Version" and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
  4. Once the download is complete, navigate to the game library to delete the PS4 version.

"next gen" version, but actual next gen enhancements coming at a later date. Congrats Respawn, a year and a half to toggle a 4k checkbox.

PS5 version doesn't support DS4 controllers. Ergo it cannot be played with my paddles. And Sony, in their infinite wisdom, ensured DS5 is incompatible with their paddle adaptor, plus they won't make one for DS5 either. So the choice is pretty visuals or better functionality...

So presently, much happier the update updates next to nothing as I can stick with the PS4 version and keep my paddle buttons!

Back