Anyone with experience in CUDA programming? (2 errors)

nightshade

Wookies love cookies!
Veteran
Hi guys, I've been trying to learn CUDA programming following the instructions here
http://www.igorsevo.com/Article.aspx?article=Million+particles+in+CUDA+and+OpenGL

I think I have a pretty decent understanding of the code provided by the guy but when I try to compile his source files I get this error and it's something that came up in a different project as well. I've searched all over but I have no answer as per what it is and how I can fix it.

The two errors I get are

Error 3 error MSB3721: The command ""C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.0\bin\nvcc.exe" -gencode=arch=compute_10,code=\"sm_10,compute_10\" --use-local-env --cl-version 2010 -ccbin "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.0\include" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.0\include" -G --keep-dir "C:\Users\Praveer\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\VectorAdd\Debug" -maxrregcount=0 --machine 32 --compile -I -g -D_MBCS -Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /Od /Zi /RTC1 /MDd " -o "Debug\kernel.cu.obj" "C:\Users\Praveer\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\VectorAdd\VectorAdd\kernel.cu"" exited with code 2.
the bolded part is just the just the runtime API from nvcc command line.

The other error is

Code:
Error 1 error : declaration is incompatible with "time_t time(time_t *)"

I followed every instruction down to the point of making sure they are the same versions and have the same name yet it doesn't works at all. If I can just get this code to compile I can at least start working on it and play around with it. I'd appreciate any help. Are there any alternative to Visual studios for CUDA (with OpenGL) programming on windows?

Back