Anyone tried the Ashli on the NV40 or X800, yet?

Ostsol said:
http://www.ati.com/developer/ashli.html

It'd be interesting to see how they do, since neither should require the significant multipassing that the R3xx series of cards needed.

what am i supposed to do with it once i download it haha

Once it's installed and you run it (the Renderman, GLSL, and HLSL versions determine the language of the source shaders), you can select a compile target, based on the video card. Use FRAPS to check out the framerates, I guess.

Ostsol said:
Once it's installed and you run it (the Renderman, GLSL, and HLSL versions determine the language of the source shaders), you can select a compile target, based on the video card. Use FRAPS to check out the framerates, I guess.
which one should i run and under which language .

I did glsl\cartoon.glsl fullscreen gl r420 family and i'm getting a steady 60fps it wont move past 60fps though. I used cartoon.glsl. x800xt pe

same shader also runs at 60FPS on 6800Ultra, seems like the max FPS is capped to 60 in fullscreenmode.

I must be stupid, but how can I quit from the fullscreen mode? :?
Pressing ESC doesn't make anything happen.

991060 said:
same shader also runs at 60FPS on 6800Ultra, seems like the max FPS is capped to 60 in fullscreenmode.

I must be stupid, but how can I quit from the fullscreen mode? :?
Pressing ESC doesn't make anything happen.

I don't know either . I had to use the trust old ctrl alt del and shut it down secret haha :)

You sure you don't have v-sync (or Temporal AA) on? I get around 180 fps on my 9700 Pro

EDIT: Oh, and alt-F4 also exits full-screen mode.

Yeah, the FPS has sth to do with the refreshrate. When I force the refreshrate to 100Hz, the FPS also goes higher, but I still don't know how to eliminate this restriction...

edit: looks like the program forces V-sync, so you need to disable v-sync in the driver(don't set it to app perference). Now it's like 380FPS on my NV40. :D

well i put everything to app prefrence and put wait for vysnc to off and i still don't break 60fps . So i dunno

jvd said:
well i put everything to app prefrence and put wait for vysnc to off and i still don't break 60fps . So i dunno
okay got it to work . Getting about 490 fps.

Fraps wont let me take a screen shot. It will crash out

jvd said:
Works for me. Pressing Print-Screen and pasting into an image editor (like IrfanView or even Paint) works, too.

jvd said:
jvd said:

Hmm, 490? Obviously the program lacks optimization for NV40. :devilish:

Have you tried using DX2.0/2.X profile? I got 500FPS on both of them.

991060 said:
jvd said:
jvd said:

Hmm, 490? Obviously the program lacks optimization for NV40. :devilish:

Have you tried using DX2.0/2.X profile? I got 500FPS on both of them.
with those i get 80fps . Dunno

Back