Anyone think the console forum is too heavily moderated?

jvd said:
No sorry . Sonic has nothing to do with me .

If he promises something its for him only . He cant promise that I will do anything .

He is not my wife .

Sorry but you were in that thread and you didn't do anything to make that clear.

-----------

To Dave,

This is a complaint that your mods cannot work as a team or accept contructive feedback.

Good luck with that Jaws .

I had nothing to do with his post . Don't try to hold me to something that has nothing to do with me . If brought in front of a judge in the usa he would laugh you out of the court room .

contructive feedback
Provide some and we will . Telling us to do something that doesn't cut down on the trolling and flames in the console forum is not constructive feedback . All it is , is whining .

Sonic said:
Thank you for the feedback everyone. When we lock threads from now on we will explain why we did it and give a reason. we will try to pm the author before the thread is locked and if anyone else feels that it is unfairly locked then please pm me or jvd explaining why. we will look at it and consider unlocking it.

"we" bolded for your pleasure.

Yes, it's crystal clear! o_O

Except there is no agreement from me . Thus it has nothing to do with me . You would need my confirmation and agreement with said statment for it to be being to me .

Your having a little temper tantrum because your wrong and now your trying to sound right .

As i've said Sonic does not have the right to speak for me . He does not have my power of attorney . Thus anything he agrees on for me to do is not binding for me .

Only my writen consent (or verbel ) would bind me to doing anything .

Which you do not have . Thus i'm not responsible for any of these promises your trying to hold me too that are not made by me .

I now retract my statement from then. There is no way you can hold other mods accountable for what I said. I apologize to fellow mod jvd for that statement and should have made it clearer that I meant we as in general. It's still up to the discretion of each mod if they will lock the threads.

Jaws, if you do not like the way the board is run then maybe you should refrain from posting until it gets to a place where you personally find it acceptable.

I see little reason to post why every single thread is locked when it is extremely obvious. But the comments will come. I will do that for the board, but don't expect every other mod to do the same.

Sonic there is no need to apologize to me nor to anyone else . I know you said what you said in with the best intentions but we've both learned esp since then how useless what was asked is and how many other more important things we can do with that time .

I agree with you that Jaws should find a place he that can be held up to his high standards . Apparently working your ass off modding the forum and staying up till 5am reading the posts and editing offensive posts just isn't up to the standards he expects . Sadly I doubt he will find those standards met anywhere else .

I will provide comments when I see fit . A locked thread automaticly tells you why it was locked and it is 99% of the time because of a breach of hte guidelines / rules you agreed to when you signed up and rules sonic myself and others flet were needed and posted in the top sticky on the site .

Well i'm in my 20s and I believe sonic is in his 20s .... so that would be hard to do . Plus my gf Sam would be pissed if he was my wife

london-boy said:
As i said on other threads, it's only fair for the mods to keep things clean. The blind trolls just won't get it that they need to post properly, this is not IGN, and they think they can just come in here and post crap all over the forum.

And even when they get their posts deleted and their threads locked, they keep doing it!!

That is because many of these individuals are trolls from other forums trying to sabotage the console forum. I can only sympothize with the moderators, but I dunno why they lock topics, but don't ban more users. Seems backwards to me, as these people are just trying to ruin the console forum so they can giggle in thier own community.

Now it seems like they've won and the forum is shut down again. You guys should just break out the ban stick more.

gurgi said:
london-boy said:
As i said on other threads, it's only fair for the mods to keep things clean. The blind trolls just won't get it that they need to post properly, this is not IGN, and they think they can just come in here and post crap all over the forum.

And even when they get their posts deleted and their threads locked, they keep doing it!!

That is because many of these individuals are trolls from other forums trying to sabotage the console forum. I can only sympothize with the moderators, but I dunno why they lock topics, but don't ban more users. Seems backwards to me, as these people are just trying to ruin the console forum so they can giggle in thier own community.

Now it seems like they've won and the forum is shut down again. You guys should just break out the ban stick more.

They dont ban more users because they can't. Only Dave can, last time i checked. Admin powers need to be awarded to the mods. I mean what's the worst that can happen, when you think about the benefits?!

Back