Anyone saw "23+5 Weeks Later"?

I assume you mean 28 Weeks Later? I want to see it but probably won't for a bit at least. Been rather busy lately.

It has a 70% of Rotten Tomatoes which is rather good believe it or not. I loved 28 Days Later has a 89% but you never know. I still have high hopes for the film.

Is this the Prequel to the Sequel? :LOL:

Just finished watching it. Simply amazing...better than 28 Days Later IMO. Background score was kind of errie...I liked it. Would love to see what they do with next part. The only blemish were the special effects (CG work)...some of them were "bad". Now if only we could have a video game like it...I think Resident Evil 5 looks (from trailers) pretty close, infact the first ever RE5 trailer released looked too similar 28 Days Later (sprinting zombies). Now I want night time sniping missions on RE5.:devilish:

Hypothetically speaking, could something like it ever happen? I mean a virus which can make people go insane zombies?

It was a good movie, but I liked 28 days more, in the first one the soldiers were very unsettling, likely because you got to know them thorougly. In the second part they were merely anonymous tools .

Hypothetically speaking, could something like it ever happen? I mean a virus which can make people go insane zombies?
IMHO if Creutzfeldt-Jakob-Syndrom is possible (not sure if its a virus though), turning your brain and parts of nervous system to mush - the only thing missing is making the affected person more aggressive. But unlike in those zombie-flicks they wont turn into brainless maniacs in seconds and they wont make difference between their own kind and sane humans.

I liked the follow up more, off course i wouldn't have without the ground placed by the first movie. I think the family aspect of it was quite chilling! I think it was touching on different levels then the first. Just my general feelings for the movies, both are great in their own way and i think for a follow up it was the right road to take with new characters and furthering of the story arch so to speak.

Yes, I saw and own it. I also greatly enjoy "The 24+1th Hour" starring Edward Norton.

Certainly, there are a variety of parasites in the world that take over their hosts' behaviors, causing them to engage in self-destructive behaviors in order for the parasite in question to multiply faster.

The difficulty, though, is that usually these parasites evolve so that they are ingested through the natural predatory cycle, and merely evolve to make it so that their hosts are more likely to be eaten. I really don't see anything like that evolving in humans.

The most likely possibility, perhaps, would be an STD that increases sex drive, provided said STD also made people infertile (transmission of diseases from parents to children tends to make those diseases more inert over time, while parallel transmission tends to make them more virulent). But I doubt modern medicine would give any STD enough time to evolve such a complex behavior. Now, an engineered disease, on the other hand, wouldn't be restricted to evolution...

The soundtrack - well, the main theme - is from the brilliant atmospheric group Godspeed! You Black Emperor. They've been around for many years with 20+ minute epics - certainly not inspired by a video game... lol.

I saw it and I really liked it. I think I prefer 28 Days Later but this was an excellent sequel.

It was ok, not as good as 28 days. Personally thought they should had done the first 28 days.
The only thing is the whole premise is silly. A massive infection decimates England and they are repopulating the island within 6 months? Any major disaster like that would have had the entire island quantined for a long time. I dont think you can get within 30 miles of Chernobyl to this day 20 years after that man made disaster.

Maintank... that's because of radiation. If radiation wasn't an issue it would have never been deserted in the first place.

If you don't have such issues, then there is no reason not to repopulate it.

I hated it personally. The first one was a great apocalypse movie but the second was just a plain horror movie. I hope the next one is less about horror.

Back