Anyone know why Skype isn't auto-updating?

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
Every so often, Skype pops up a notification it has downloaded a new version and wants permission to install it.

Why the shit isn't it doing this automatically? The checkbox in settings is ticked! It even requires closing stuff - gods know what because it doesn't say what it wants to close, or - holy crap - a system restart, for a fucking voice chat utility! What the shit are they smoking in Redmond?!11!

My suspicion is that MS is doing it purposefully so I have a remote chance to forget about its desire to set fucking Bung as my search and home page defaults every goddamned time I'm updating this sonovabitch.

Trust MS to screw up something as simple as an auto-updater. They are the masters! I bow to them!

My Skype doesn't auto update at all, Blargh.

Same with my LINE.

Luckily Skype still works fine even when it's outdated. But the security risks...

If it bothers you so much why dont you uninstall and then reinstall
Doesn't matter, it's the exact same procedure updating this POS as installing it from scratch. It claims that after install, it "may" auto-update henceforth, but I have never ever ever ever actually seen it do it.

Back