anyone know how to get a youtube adsense account approved?

joker454

Veteran
Just about at my wits end so figured hey lets ask here. Long story short, I started a youtube channel with videos, enabled monetization, and all my videos play with ads just fine. Problem is I signed up with an "Adsense" account as google says you have to to get paid, and while everything is active and configured right, it still says "Your AdSense application has been submitted and is being reviewed." after many weeks. From what I've googled some people have waited 2 years and still were stuck in the "being reviewed" phase, and alas there is no email support for youtube or adsense, they just direct you to forums where you can ask questions but no one there answers anything. So long story short my channel is up and google is profiting from my ads, but they don't want to actually pay me for anything because they seem to refuse to "review" the account.

So I was wondering, has anyone here successfully setup youtube videos with ads and been approved by adsense? There a million google links on the topic but alas most seem to say that I'm fubar'd and it can't be fixed which would kinda suck, I'm hoping though that there's a simple trick to actually get the darned account approved.

Ok nevermind looks like it's a bug, just found this for anyone struggling with this same issue:

"Unfortunately there is an issue right now that if you created your AdSense account from AdMob, it doesn't work properly to connect your AdSense to your YouTube channel - what happens is what you see, you get the message to put ad code on your channel."

So poof, there go 500,000+ youtube video views with no ad banner revenue, just awesome. The only solution is to completely delete all accounts admob and adsense accounts and start over by making a new adsense account from youtube, apparently that is the only solution and any ad revenue you may have made on views until then must be forfeit. Of course another bug is sometimes admob/adsense does not give you an option to delete your account which is what I'm getting so you have to then contact admob tech support to get their permission to delete your account. Good times.

Back