Anyone Got The Metroid P2 Echoes Demo Disk Yet?

Goldni

Regular
I just popped it in for just only a few minutes. Extremely impressed so far. It's alot more of the same (being a good thing). Alot of the same style art and sound effects. Retro has carried over that patented Metroid ambience from MP.

Just like the last game I have'nt noticed any bumpmapping. But the level architecture seems to be alot more complex as well as more polys and detail with Samus and enemies, etc. Very nice weapons effects also lighting and shadows are improved. Framerate is perfect 60fps from what I've seen. I hope the water gets a facelift from MP. Anyone else played the demo as well? Any impressions from someone who has played further into it? I understand the demo is short but man I'm giddy about this one more than ever.

The ambience of MP was iiincredible, walking into a new room for the first time was an experience! Sometimes I spent minutes just looking and walking around! The "music" also helped, often limited to soft and discrete tones in the background.

Could you verify the rooms are as decorated with little details as in the first game? I really loved that.

I'll have more time with it this weekend but so far it's across between Phazon mines and Chozoa runis level afa art etc. Textures range from the same detail to pretty dang detailed in areas.

Hell yes. You might want to check that the GameCube has a digital AV-out port if you care about getting component out for a HDTV or similar. Newer cubes have that feature removed, but not all of those bundles contain new cubes.

GameCat said:
Hell yes. You might want to check that the GameCube has a digital AV-out port if you care about getting component out for a HDTV or similar. Newer cubes have that feature removed, but not all of those bundles contain new cubes.
Wasn't the component-out moved to the other port and they'll offer a new cable for it?!

I got the impression it was completely removed, but you might be right. I haven't researched this extensively, I'm just going with what I read in IGN Cube's mailbag section a while ago. But I doubt that even is possible, I think you only get composite viedo out from the analogue jack. The digital out really is completely digital, the DAC for component cables is inside the cable.

Of course, maybe the new cubes have only a digital jack and the newer composite cables also contain a DAC, but that would be stupid since it would break all kinds of accesories.

GameCat said:
I got the impression it was completely removed, but you might be right. I haven't researched this extensively, I'm just going with what I read in IGN Cube's mailbag section a while ago. But I doubt that even is possible, I think you only get composite viedo out from the analogue jack. The digital out really is completely digital, the DAC for component cables is inside the cable.

Of course, maybe the new cubes have only a digital jack and the newer composite cables also contain a DAC, but that would be stupid since it would break all kinds of accesories.
I had a quick look at nintendo.com's FAQ page:

Nintendo GameCube Component Video Questions

The Digital A/V Output port was removed from systems produced after May, 2004 (these systems will have a model number of DOL-101). If you have a Nintendo GameCube without this port, and you wish to play your games in progressive scan, please call our Consumer Service department at 1-800-255-3700, to discuss available options.

Additional Information:

Why have you removed the component video feature from the Nintendo GameCube?
On newer models of the Nintendo GameCube, we opted to remove the digital A/V out port from the system because we found that less than one percent of all Nintendo GameCube players used this feature.

Will future Nintendo GameCube games continue to have the progressive scan feature?
About one-third of licensee-published titles and over 90% of Nintendo-published titles currently have the progressive scan feature. We expect that most Nintendo-published titles will continue to support progressive scan. Each licensee will continue to make the decision of whether or not to include this feature in their future games.

I've got mine hooked up S-Video. You can still do that with the newer ones. It's only a difference in the cable afa S-Video vs RCA.

Looks like I will have to finally get around to beating Metroid Prime now that the sequel is getting close to release.

Back