Anyone got any good linoleum tips?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I've got a new subfloor in, got the paste, the spreader, some good knives, and a big old horking piece of linoleum...

...help? :???:

Nope, this one is definitely made for an adhesive.

My big fear is cutting it, I'm worried I'll screw up...that's why I'm putting it off until tomorrow so I can just unroll the puppy in the front yard and measure/mark it careful as hell before I cut.

It needs to be epoxied onto your floor. Your local hardware store should sell linoleum adhesive. Buy a few extra feet of linoleum, especially if you're an amateur. And watch out, those linoleum knives are sharp as all hell.

"Measure twice, cut once." That old saying with wood is probably applicable with your situation.

Already bought it all this morning and gave myself about 8" extry on every dimension and have the regulation linoleum adhesive at the ready, about 2x as much as the job should require.

I figure measure, check, measure, cut with generous (6") extry in every dimension. Take cut piece and dry fit, do a bit of extry cutting for fit but still leave 4" extra to allow for shrinkage with the adhesive. (I googled...)

Pull the piece out once I'm happy rolling it up backwards so it'll lay flat and lay down a 1/8-1/4" layer of the adhesive using the funky edged trowel. Haven't read the label yet on the canister for the specific instructions, but I'll try and follow 'em.

Put the bloody piece down all nice and neat and perfect the first try, then smoosh it down good using my magical Digi linoleum smashing technique. (Picture a 230lb old guy rolling on his floor...)

Let set, trim off excess. Pull out the roll of rubber trim & the caulking gun with linoleum/rubber trim adhesive and make DAMN SURE the whole fucking shebang is puppy pee proof.

Step 3: Profit! :rolleyes:

Back