Anyone ever tried making a renderer with differential forms?

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by Fred, May 16, 2003.

1. Fred

Newcomer

Kinda a fun mathematical enterprise. It wouldn't buy you much over linear algebra, except maybe on certain objects with a high degree of symmetry, but I imagine it might make one of the smallest renderers in terms of code length. Also really good for hos descriptions.

2. Fred

Newcomer

Another interesting thing to do, is to implement a fiber based description of various lighting models. Eg make a principal 'light or color' bundle over some space. The various operations such as rotations and translations would be naturally descriped therein.

Again it wouldnt buy you much except compactness and neatness of code, unless of course the rendering objects had a great deal of natural symmetry.

3. Saem

Veteran

I'm not sure if I'm "hip" with the math lingo, could you give me a link to what you're talking about?