Anyone else having problems with Far Cry loading levels?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by sir doris, Jun 4, 2004.

1. sir doris

Regular

I have far cry but when I finish the first level and load the next I get a crash to desktop after the load bar in completed :(

I've got around this buy copying the first save game of new levels from my brothers PC, from there I can then play the rest of the level and it saves as it should for the rest of that level. However when I complete a level even If there is already a save for the next level it still crashes and I have to load it up again and start the next level.

Does anyone know what might be causing this as I'm now as far as my brother and he's busy with college work so I have to wait for him to get the next level :(

My system Spec is:

XP2500+
    512 DDR 333
    Gigabyte G7 VAXP - KT400
    Promise on-board IDE RAID /w 2x120Gb Maxtor HD
    R 9700Pro
    Philips Acoustic Edge
    LG CD-RW
    LG DVD ROM
    LS120

Think that's it, I've got the latest drivers and the PC has only recently been rebuilt:

Catalyst 4.5
    VIA 4in1
    re-installed DX9b

Any help is appreciated, also does anyone know if there is a way of getting windows to turn off the computer when you shut down with the RAID controller being used for the HDs? When I used the IDE1 or IDE2 then the PC would shut off then I shut the system down, now I'm using the RAID controller I get the VGA screen saying 'It is now safe to turn you computer off'. I used to get this when I used my ATA66 controller on my Abit BP6 MoBo, any way of getting round this?

Thanks again.

2. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

No probs here.