Anyone disapointed with re4(ps2) graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelbox

Regular
When i saw the comparison of the two versions, it kinda bothered me. Don't get me wrong, it's a job well done for CAPCOM but there's still some problems i know they could of avoided. I know for a fact ps2 could handle a couple of trees and fingers. The only problems they should of had IMO are the "shader" instructions and texture pallet size. So...well...discuss!:D

pixelbox said:
So...well...discuss!:D

AGAIN?! :devilish:

Why does it matter so damn much to some people? It's a port, bound to look worse than the original, not only because it's a port, but because it's ported to an inferior machine.

Unless gamers will go out and buy both versions, why should we care so much? If you have a PS2, buy the PS2 version and get on with your life, if you have a GC, buy that version and be happy. If you just don't like RE (like me), if you're kinda fed up with current-gen flame wars (like me), if you're just tired after a day at work then gym (like me) just go "whatever man i wanna see RE on PS3/X360 dammit!"

london-boy said:
AGAIN?! :devilish:

Why does it matter so damn much to some people? It's a port, bound to look worse than the original, not only because it's a port, but because it's ported to an inferior machine.

Unless gamers will go out and buy both versions, why should we care so much? If you have a PS2, buy the PS2 version and get on with your life, if you have a GC, buy that version and be happy. If you just don't like RE (like me), if you're kinda fed up with current-gen flame wars (like me), if you're just tired after a day at work then gym (like me) just go "whatever man i wanna see RE on PS3/X360 dammit!"

I'd say you are a quite angry man today LB.

Maybe they had trouble pushing *both* large textures and lots of polygons at the same time?
The palette size is hardly a problem with this game, as the large majority of textures are rather monocrome i their colourrange.

RE4 was specifically tailored to the GC hardware, to be a showpiece for the platform. Its creator never intended to make a port of it, and in fact, said he felt betrayed when management forced a port to the PS2. Considering the time pressures (got to get the port to market before the current generation is no longer current) and technical difficulties (all of the many hardware specific hacks and optimizations will have to be redesigned from scratch for the PS2) and perhaps a lack of enthusiasm on the part of the development team, how can anybody expect the port to look anywhere as good? I'm pleasantly surprised that it doesn't look absolute crap.

Remember the port of MGS2 to the Xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back