Any way to stop the background on the PS3 XMB going black after a certain time?

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
The topic says it all, really. I want my PS3 to stop making the XMB background black after a certain time of the day, but I can't see any option for that in my user profile, display settings or otherwise.

Can it be done? Thanks in advance :smile:

I think it can't be done via any settings... until they release a wallpaper enhancement.

However, you can simulate the effect by putting a slide show or movie in the background (press "Playstation" button after starting one). That's what I do sometimes just for kicks :)

Isn't it controlled by the time of day?

So the solution would be not to have XMB up during evenings! :cool:
Personally I don't really see the point of changing the color based on time. Feels a bit gimmicky. I'd rather it would cycle between luscious colors by itself..

Oh well. Maybe in a future update?

Peace.

Isn't it controlled by the time of day?

So the solution would be not to have XMB up during evenings! :cool:
Personally I don't really see the point of changing the color based on time. Feels a bit gimmicky. I'd rather it would cycle between luscious colors by itself..

Oh well. Maybe in a future update?

Peace.

The PSP got a custom background feature later on as well, so I expect that will happen.

They day-night cycle is a logical next step after the background color already changes automatically each month (again, like on the PSP). But I agree that if, like me, you play almost exclusively in the evening, it might be nice to turn that option off. Now I always see a black background ... :D

The PSP got a custom background feature later on as well, so I expect that will happen.

They day-night cycle is a logical next step after the background color already changes automatically each month (again, like on the PSP). But I agree that if, like me, you play almost exclusively in the evening, it might be nice to turn that option off. Now I always see a black background ... :D

As some may have noticed, not only does it change colors each month, it actually, slowly, blends the months colors together. So, at the end of the month, you should be seeing hues of color for the next month. I love the transistions, day-to-night, and month-to-month.

As some may have noticed, not only does it change colors each month, it actually, slowly, blends the months colors together. So, at the end of the month, you should be seeing hues of color for the next month. I love the transistions, day-to-night, and month-to-month.

I love the monthly transitions, but hate the day to night. I really only play at night, so I only see the black XMB :(

Back