Any handheld GPU supports scatter?

codedivine

Regular
Hey guys .. I am kinda new here and I work with GPGPU on the desktop (primarily CAL but some CUDA from time to time). I have never worked with any of the mobile GPUs and I was wondering whether any of the mobile GPUs (current or upcoming) support scatter.

Intuitively I'd say SGX probably does and most or all of the others probably don't. PowerVR initially marketed SGX as capable of video decode/encode, image signal processing, etc. in addition to 3D (although it doesn't look like they got much momentum from that); I'm not sure how you could do some of these things without scatter, although I could be horribly wrong.

However, I also sadly expect that even if it or any other handheld GPU supported scatter today, it likely wouldn't be exposed in the APIs, at least not before OpenCL...

However, I also sadly expect that even if it or any other handheld GPU supported scatter today, it likely wouldn't be exposed in the APIs, at least not before OpenCL...

Thats quite a surprise and indeed a very sad situation if true.
So someone makes a nice hardware and then goes on to NOT expose it to software developers??

Back