Any distorted Aeon Flux fans here?

NANOTEC

Banned
http://www.aeonflux.com/

The movie looks pretty cool with some big name actors. Has anyone seen it? I will probably wait for the HD DVD version. Haven't seen it yet but I've been a Aeon Flux anime fan since it aired on MTV. Some pretty distorted and sick stuff.:devilish:

The movie as such was rather mediocre, but just seeing Charlize is worth twice the money. Breathtakingly beautiful in that latex overall.

I recently bought the original animated episodes on DVD and watched them all. I'd only seen bits and pieces of them in the past when I happened to zap over to MTV back when they first aired in the 90s.

To say they're strange, is probably not an over-exaggeration...

My hopes were that the feature movie was made in approximately the same spirit as the animated series. Naturally, it would have to make more sense so the movie wouldn't bomb financially, but the basic setting, characters and their relations and such... If that remains intact, then the movie might still be interesting to me.

Was Peter Chung involved in its production, or was it new people?

The first thing I noticed that was different was the costume and the hair. I guess the woman director didn't think the costumes in the cartoon was appropriate.:LOL:

Problem was the cartoons were way too surreal for any mainstream cinema audience. There's load of stuff that just happens with no explanation, with the same characters being killed over and over each week. But that's what made Aeon Flux what it was.

Guden Oden said:
Was Peter Chung involved in its production, or was it new people?

I just watched the movie on DVD rented from Netflix and in the features Peter Chung seems to be partly involved in some aspect of the production. Maybe as consultant or something to make sure the movie didn't stray too far from the cartoon. He was present on some of the sets. Anyway I'd give the film a 7. I didn't really like the music at all sounded nothing like the music from the animated shorts which gave the cartoon a very unique audio signature. They could've at least included the main melody line. I also don't like how they portrayed Tevor, he seems too much of a nice guy in the movie. They also didn't have ANY scene where Aeon mows down an army of soldiers. I think it would've been awesome if they had a scene like in the Matrix where Neo battles a bunch of Smiths but in a more Aeon-like style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping it wouldn't be a moneygrabbing cash-in, but maybe I was wrong.

Prolly get it on DVD anyway, but man, it disturbs me they didn't keep Aeon's trademark hair. It's such a big part of her looks, I don't understand why they'd not keep THAT at least even if she won't dress up on the big screen in a G-string and little else.

Oh, and not keeping at least the melody in the music is also a great crime. Meh. HOLLYWOOD. They're good at f****g up.

I quite liked the movie. Not great, but there were bits that were definitely in the spirit of the series, such as the scene where they break into Trevor's mansion. "So we understand this now?" "Completely."

The animated series is pretty incredible, especially the last three episodes.

Got pretty poor reviews, lots said it wasn't that much like the cartoons, so I skipped on it despite really liking the original cartoons.
It was pretty much meant not to be. It stank for other reasons, or so I'm told. I never actually saw it myself. I'd only seen the game day in and day out for several months, until that bugged me to the point that I wasn't interested in the movie.

Saw it last night. Its a good way to blow an hour or so. Nothing wrong per se with it, but its not mind blowing. Acting is decent, music is decent, SFX are decent, brunette Theron in tight clothes :: drool ::

Aeon Flux is seriously warped. It has emotional continuity, but not physical continuity. Very strange, but I guess that's what happens when you shift from producing Rugrats to blood and gore! lol.

Back