Any advice for developing on mobile phones?

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
Can anyone provide links/info on how to develop for (or rather release to) mobile phones? I'm talking about the specifics of setting up distribution and the like. I've found a couple of websites that have games for phones that are accessed through a phone code and am interested in that. My Googling has been unproductive and I don't really want to by a £30 book if it's only got one chapter on mobiles and isn't very helpful and doesn't have the info I need.

Shifty Geezer said:
Can anyone provide links/info on how to develop for (or rather release to) mobile phones? I'm talking about the specifics of setting up distribution and the like. I've found a couple of websites that have games for phones that are accessed through a phone code and am interested in that. My Googling has been unproductive and I don't really want to by a £30 book if it's only got one chapter on mobiles and isn't very helpful and doesn't have the info I need.

Not sure if there are any books on this yet. Probably most information is on websites (like if you wanted to develop for BREW, go to that website and read on how the developer thing works).

On actually developing games I know there is at least one book on OpenGL ES game development that might talk a little about the distribution side (probably just links to where to start). This book is on Amazon.

Back