Anti-CRT groups? I like CRTs still!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I saw this headline on Raw Story and freaked out a bit. One I'm used to reading political stuff there, and two who really hates CRTs? I mean sure they're big and a bit fish bowly, but the color reproduction on them was awesome and they just had a warmth to them that LEDs are hard pressed to match. And why was fox news against them?

Then I sort of figured out that CRT can also stand for "critical race theory" and the gears all clicked in to place. Just for fun I had my daughter come in and read the headline and her first reaction was also, "What the hell, what's so bad about CRTs? I sort of liked them", before she too figured it out and she's a LOT more sensitive to this stuff than me.

Not wanting to start a talk about critical race theory here, just annoyed the acronym is CRT since it has a permanent association in my brain already that I'm always gonna have to hop over when I see it.

Anyone else have weird terms/acronyms like that? And again, no stuff that should be in the RPSC lounge in here...just the fun mistake stuff.

upload_2021-6-25_13-32-58.png

Like Cascade Shadow Maps in the wrong thread? :) Context is important.

Back