Another good free game

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Babel-17, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

http://www.planetunreal.com/teamvortex/

Read the FAQ section! It's a full sized mod for Unreal Tournament (UT is required). It's larger in size than the original Unreal and, imo, other than a few minor bugs (soon to be patched) offers great visuals and gameplay. I started a thread at slackerscentral for it if anyone's interested.

Free!

Enjoy!

:)

2. Saem

Veteran

I'm going to have to quibble here. A mod isn't free since there is an underlying cost of buying the game. Unless of course we're talking about TCs of Quake 1 or 2, where you could compile the engine get the game code and then you're set. For free of course.

3. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

Valid point. I guess this is a good example of thinking through ones preconceptions on my part. By that I mean most people I chat with have UT, you can get the Game Of The Year edition for twenty dollars US now and that includes a lot of mods and Unreal Gold also.

But yes, I agree with you it's not a free game. The developers though did it for free. :)